Avast! 2016 11.1.2241 Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Guess they have taken down the final release...no mention of final release in the forum now.

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
NEW: AVAST 2016 (2016.11.1.2241)

What's new:

NEW: Passwords - Avast can now manage your passwords and generate strong passwords for you. Just one password to remember.
- checks your passwords security
- stores your passwords securely
- includes browser extensions for easier logging in and form filling
- generates strong passwords

Android app:
iOS app: Avast Passwords on the App Store

NEW: SafeZone browser - Replaced the SafeZone for safer shopping and banking in Pro, Internet Security and Premier
- Pay Mode: It isolates the session and protects it from possible keyloggers or other malicious software secretly lurking on your computer. With Pay Mode you can perform all your financial transactions in peace, without fear of your password or other personal details being stolen. Pay Mode runs automatically on banking site, but it can be also turned on manually.
- Shielded Window: To open there suspicious websites and to ensure full anonymity
- Ad Blocking: includes built in ad blocker extension
- Video downloading for offline viewing
- Easy setup: Automatically imports your bookmarks, history and cookies from your current default browser

NEW: User interface - More space for content, easy control

NEW: Feedback possible directly from program - report bugs, feature requests and other suggestions easier

IMPROVED: Home network security now detects more router vulnerabilites and shows more details

IMPROVED: Installation - it should be now faster and less obtrusive.

IMPROVED: WebShield HTTPS Scanning - We introduced a new method of HTTPs scanning. It is used in Firefox, Chrome and Opera. It works without changing the certificates and the security parameters and certificates are verified by the browser itself, including checks for untrusted or revoked certificates.

+ Many other minor tweaks and bug fixes

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
They should probably make a big announcement for the NG (or whatever it is called now) for marketing purposes. :D Geeks will surely line up to test its effectiveness. :D

D

Deleted member 2913

NEW: AVAST 2016 (2016.11.1.2241)

IMPROVED: WebShield HTTPS Scanning
- We introduced a new method of HTTPs scanning. It is used in Firefox, Chrome and Opera. It works without changing the certificates and the security parameters and certificates are verified by the browser itself, including checks for untrusted or revoked certificates.

+ Many other minor tweaks and bug fixes
So in IE.. WebShield will work like old WebShield or not work at all?

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I've got this
jdmTpTy.png

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I don't know, I updated the free version and after that rebooted.

D

Deleted member 2913

I don't know, I updated the free version and after that rebooted.
So you didn't get chrome, google toolbar install options during upgrade process?
If you have chrome, google toolbar already installed then guess you dont get the install options.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
So you didn't get chrome, google toolbar install options during upgrade process?
If you have chrome, google toolbar already installed then guess you dont get the install options.

No toolbar or PUP's. After the upgrade to 2016 all the settings are saved, I don't need to set it again. I also notice that is uses less memory then the 2015 version. I love it.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
In my opinion, the GUI of 2016 is much better than 2015.:)
I should say that I do not like the dark theme of 2015.

The hardened mode still highly depends on the network connection...just like 2015.

Have they removed ads popups, GUI ads, chrome, google toolbar, etc... in this new release?

In the installation of the free version, the options of "install chrome" and "set chrome as the default browser" are checked by default.
It is not difficult to uncheck them though.;)

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
One guy (on croatian forum) ad picture where Avast quarantine legit Steam.exe (FP?)

st.jpg

Reactions: Secondmineboy
D

Deleted member 2913

I am getting error installing 2016 version on Win 10 64
Attached is the screenshot

Attachments

• SCR.png
    SCR.png
    506.6 KB · Views: 808
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.