some more info about their cloud technology
The actual quote on their forum is:ZeroDay said:Stile no file rep? hmm That was supposed to be released as an update this week. I agree no earth shattering changes indeed.
A few answers to the questions above:
- FileRep is still not "turned on" (in the sense that the cloud still isn't returning the data). It's supposed to be turned on before the end of this week (and doing so will not require any product update - the backend will just start to work).
- ARA stands for "avast! Remote Assistance"
- I don't seem able to simulate the "bug" with the Silent/Gaming mode not being controllable from the Current Status screen
- program updates should definitely work in build 7.0.1399
- Avast account will allow you see the status (and more) of all your avast installations (not necessarily yours but also your friends' and relatives') through a unified web-based console. This will also include the Mac and Android products. However, it's not yet fully functionally in this beta build -- we will have another beta refresh soon, that will address exactly this thing
- the list of fixed things (compared to beta 1) contains dozens of entries, and I'm not going to post a complete log from the bug tracker. But generally, everything except for the stuff mentioned in the first post should be fixed.
LinkThe new avast account is a new feature that allows you to view/control (and in a limited way, also manage) all the avast installations you have made (either on your computers, or your friends' and relatives' ones). This is done through a new web-based console/dashboard.
The soon-to-be-updated avast for Mac and avast for Android also support this, so that you have a centralized view of all your avast-protected devices.
The functionality is still not enabled in the current beta - but it will be in the next beta refresh.
LinkThe main thing is now enabled by means of the latest virus def file (120219-1).
There will still be some tweaking moving forward, but the main functionality is already there...
Wait a little longer, got a blue screen when it ran the quick scan after installation. Mind you I don't have any other security installed and Windows Defender is disabled.Nathan Wootton said:resisting the urge to try this! what are peoples thoughts on it so far!?
seems like we are going to have final version in just 2 days.....Hello from Prague! We’re glad to officially announce 23 February as the release date for avast! version 7. It’s exactly one year since we launched version 6, and we’re excited about our new features. Also, we’re looking forward to your feedback on version 7… starting Thursday!
I read there is some huge convention on the west coast of USA in coming days.MrXidus said:Seems awfully quick to release already, I can't be the only one to imagine some issues will still arise that will need ironing out.
I can see a flow of product updates through Avasts updater within the next few weeks.
Looks like I'll get a review video out when it releases.