Fixed issues from previous betas
- Some online content does not fit or is not translated yet
- IE WebRep plugin doesn't work
- AccessAnywhere computer list isn't sometimes refreshed
- avast! v8 now runs on Windows 8 too
- Problems with upgrading v7 to v8 on Windows 8 related to the network
- XP performance problem solved
- Automatic Profile detection in the firewall on Windows 7 solved
- No information popup on controlled PC when client is connected via avast! AccessAnywhere
- List of computers shows offline PCs and also those that don’t have AccessAnywhere activated
- BSODs & Webshield crashes fixed
- Problems with Security Center fixed
- Ad Blocker has now final facelift
- Stability issues with Outlook plugin solved
- UI might hang sometimes during connecting to avast! account
- Problems in data shredder solved
- After facebook registration setup might crash so reboot is required to start avast! service
- During softrial gui is not correctly updated
- Trial period could not be activated (update from v7 to v8)
- Missing pre-defined scan jobs (update from v7 to v8)

Known issues in this version
- Not yet translated into all languages
- the Ad Blocker installation still need some tune up

P

Plexx

From I can remember, some of the previous betas had issues fixed such as windows 8 support, BSODs etc, during 2nd and 3rd betas. Going RC1 that soon with such a big list I believe is not wise. I would rather see a release of Beta 4 build first to ensure issues are fully fixed and then have RC to tweak further.

KelvinW4

Level 1
Yeah, they've been going really fast on these releases to V8! I'd rather wait for them to fix all the BSODs and bugs before they final release it.

D

Deleted member 178

so from what i tested, avast v8 is just a v7 fix.... nothing new except some browser addons and tools; the core of the suite is almost untouched, maybe Ignitium firewall in v9-10.

spywar

Umbra, what do you say ? .....
I test it every day with malware samples and new cloud toys have a really good detection of undetected samples .... Autosandboxed is quite better (I had 20 detection of Autosandbox).
Saying that this is just a "fix" from v7 to v8 ...
May I say the same for CIS ? "v5" to "v6" is just a new UI more automated program (with BB) ?

spywar

Syntax

Umbra Corp. said:
so from what i tested, avast v8 is just a v7 fix.... nothing new except some browser addons and tools; the core of the suite is almost untouched, maybe Ignitium firewall in v9-10.
And here I thought that it has already included Agnitum's firewall engine on the current RC. :s

D

Deleted member 178

spywar said:
Umbra, what do you say ? .....
I test it every day with malware samples and new cloud toys have a really good detection of undetected samples .... Autosandboxed is quite better (I had 20 detection of Autosandbox).
Saying that this is just a "fix" from v7 to v8 ...
May I say the same for CIS ? "v5" to "v6" is just a new UI more automated program (with BB) ?

spywar
Autosandbox / BB were just woken up, they were in hibernation before ^^

CIS v6 even ugly and non-ergonomic has, at least, new useful features compared to the old version.

The actual Avast v8 afford nothing new; Ad-Blocker based on Adblock Plus...ok...Vulnerability/update scanner? if you want...

Instead of rushing v8, they should fix v7 properly, then add Agnitium FW to v8; it will be more interesting.

G

Guest28

I for one think avast did a nice job improving the suspicious file detection :evo gen: as well as the cloud file reputation that triggers the auto sandbox alert. When im testing i do see alot more suspicious file detections and auto sandbox alert's as this has been mentioned before. I hear we are actually in for a surprise before the final release. hehehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.