Fixed issues from previous betas
- Some online content does not fit or is not translated yet
- IE WebRep plugin doesn't work
- AccessAnywhere computer list isn't sometimes refreshed
- avast! v8 now runs on Win8 too
- Problems with upgrading v7 to v8 on Win8 related to the network
- XP performance problem solved
- Automatic Profile detection in the firewall on Win7 solved
- No information popup on controlled PC when client is connected via avast! AccessAnywhere
- List of computers shows offline PCs and also those that don’t have AccessAnywhere activated
- BSODs & Webshield crashes fixed
- Problems with Security Center fixed
- Ad Blocker has now final facelift
- Stability issues with Outlook plugin solved
- UI might hang sometimes during connecting to avast! account
- Problems in data shredder solved
- After facebook registration setup might crash so reboot is required to start avast! service
- During softrial gui is not correctly updated
- Trial period could not be activated (update from v7 to v8)
- Missing pre-defined scan jobs (update from v7 to v8)

Known issues in this version
- Not yet translated into all languages
- the Ad Blocker installation still need some tune up

P

Plexx

From I can remember, some of the previous betas had issues fixed such as windows 8 support, BSODs etc, during 2nd and 3rd betas. Going RC1 that soon with such a big list I believe is not wise. I would rather see a release of Beta 4 build first to ensure issues are fully fixed and then have RC to tweak further.

KelvinW4

Level 1
May 8, 2012
Yeah, they've been going really fast on these releases to V8! I'd rather wait for them to fix all the BSODs and bugs before they final release it.

D

Deleted member 178

so from what i tested, avast v8 is just a v7 fix.... nothing new except some browser addons and tools; the core of the suite is almost untouched, maybe Ignitium firewall in v9-10.

spywar

Level 11
Thread author
Oct 26, 2012
Umbra, what do you say ? .....
I test it every day with malware samples and new cloud toys have a really good detection of undetected samples .... Autosandboxed is quite better (I had 20 detection of Autosandbox).
Saying that this is just a "fix" from v7 to v8 ...
May I say the same for CIS ? "v5" to "v6" is just a new UI more automated program (with BB) ?

spywar

Syntax

Level 1
Feb 4, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
so from what i tested, avast v8 is just a v7 fix.... nothing new except some browser addons and tools; the core of the suite is almost untouched, maybe Ignitium firewall in v9-10.

And here I thought that it has already included Agnitum's firewall engine on the current RC. :s

D

Deleted member 178

spywar said:
Umbra, what do you say ? .....
I test it every day with malware samples and new cloud toys have a really good detection of undetected samples .... Autosandboxed is quite better (I had 20 detection of Autosandbox).
Saying that this is just a "fix" from v7 to v8 ...
May I say the same for CIS ? "v5" to "v6" is just a new UI more automated program (with BB) ?

spywar

Autosandbox / BB were just woken up, they were in hibernation before ^^

CIS v6 even ugly and non-ergonomic has, at least, new useful features compared to the old version.

The actual Avast v8 afford nothing new; Ad-Blocker based on Adblock Plus...ok...Vulnerability/update scanner? if you want...

Instead of rushing v8, they should fix v7 properly, then add Agnitium FW to v8; it will be more interesting.

G

Guest28

I for one think avast did a nice job improving the suspicious file detection :evo gen: as well as the cloud file reputation that triggers the auto sandbox alert. When im testing i do see alot more suspicious file detections and auto sandbox alert's as this has been mentioned before. I hear we are actually in for a surprise before the final release. hehehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.