Avast-Home-Edition_28.png

Avast-Home-Edition_29.png

Avast-Home-Edition_30.png

Avast-Home-Edition_31.png

Avast-Home-Edition_32.png

Avast-Home-Edition_33.png

Avast-Home-Edition_34.png

Protection-related features and improvements:
· New DeepScreen technology allows avast! to make more intelligent decisions about new/unknown files. DeepScreen is a successor of AutoSandbox, now upgraded with some additional new technologies such as dynamic binary translation and dyna-gen announced earlier.
· New Hardened mode for stricter lockdown scenarios. This is a new mode that is recommended especially for novice users (such as your grandmas): it automatically blocks execution of binaries that would normally be deepscreened (Moderate level) or even allows only execution of programs that are well-known to FileRep (Aggressive level). In a way, it brings the whitelisting concept to the consumer AV space.
· Improved cloud scanning features and crowdsourced analysis of suspicious items. This includes new, optimized mechanism for collecting data from our sensors.
· Continuously streaming update (CSU) technology for up-to-minute detections. This is not entirely new for v2014, but we now have really buttoned up the whole streaming update infrastructure to allow for reliable, uninterrupted service. We’re currently doing 350-400 updates a day, which equals to one update in roughly every 3.75 minutes, 24x7, 365 days a year. Streaming updates can now also carry more types of definitions than before.
· Improved cleaning of malware. This applies to standard malware as well as rootkits and file infectors.

Other new features:
· All-new web browser plugins featuring comprehensive security ratings, protection against malware, phishing and typosquatting sites and Do-Not-Track (DNT) functionality for improved anonymity on the Internet. The DNT functionality doesn’t rely on the DNT HTTP headers; instead, it uses a proprietary technology that cannot be overridden by the servers.
· All-new SafeZone for more secure online shopping and banking. Users can now switch back and forth between SafeZone and the regular browser with a single click. Also, online banking sites can be automatically opened in the SafeZone.
· Rescue disk - allow users to create a bootable CD or flash disk with Avast on it. Great for cleaning.

Other improvements:
· A new, streamlined user interface for simplified navigation and more user comfort. The new UI is actually much simplified, and it’s probably the biggest change since version 5.0. We have also redefined the shields to the total number of three (File Shield, Web Shield, Mail Shield) and tweaked the action buttons (tiles) on the home page so that they’re now fully configurable.
· Control and manage all protected devices directly from the Avast console. That is, the my.avast.com account is perfectly integrated in the UI to allow for management of all your devices running Avast.
· Dramatic reduction in product size (full installer < 60MB, compared to today’s 120MB) and memory footprint. By default, install is done through a new stub installer though (which has the advantage of always installing the most up-to-date version).
· Faster scanning thanks to optimized scanning engine (raw [in-memory] scans of EXE files are about 2x faster, while scans of text contents (e.g. web pages and scripts) are up to 10x faster).
· Completely rewritten setup/updater that makes the installation and upgrade process faster, easier and more reliable
· Firewall has been redesigned from scratch to allow for better compatibility with latest Windows, better performance and full support for IPv6 (although its UI hasn’t really changed).
· New licensing system allows for much easier management of product licenses. The system relies on activation codes, and these can be added seamlessly by simply clicking a link.

G

Guest28

Remember, when testing avast deepscreen is not fully implemented but will be in a few weeks it will come thru a VPS update according to VLK.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=132502.15

Correct. The Dynamic Translation layer is not there yet (but it should be during next week, and it will be delivered via a simple VPS update).

Thanks
Vlk

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for the update, I'll wait for a BETA with the new Web Shield driver.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Thanks for the update, however I will wait for the final version release, I never use Beta security products. It is nice to see how it is progressing.

Enjoy!! :D

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
hello

thanks for the update BoraMurdar

will wait also no beta on my new win 8 pc mabe my old xp pc

but sometimes wonder about final software relesses that act like
thay are still beta and then fast multiple updates after to fix it
because thay release it to soon

as a beta tester before i know there is a lot of combo's of hardware
and software to work around but sometimes i just wonder why to soon

i know most do it that way but i'v also seen it lose customers because
of it i guess you can't make everyone happy lol

James

:)

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Hitman Pro detect Avast Internet Security as threat :p
2zhihkl.png

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b7278bbcf6986be5d94589b72f0b9ca03b10ca1fa11b927406a3560e40a50a67/analysis/1376679828/

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b7278bbcf6986be5d94589b72f0b9ca03b10ca1fa11b927406a3560e40a50a67/analysis/1376679828/

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Spirit said:
Hitman Pro detect Avast Internet Security as threat :p
2zhihkl.png

Another famous false positive brought to you by BitDefender, they are trying to eliminate the competition. :D

Enjoy!! :D

G

Guest28

Bitdefender, in my opinion absolutely sucks. I'v never seen an antivirus software rented out to so many vendors and be complete garbage it is like the plague. This is my "opinion" why sell your software to so many vendors that actually offer their engine for free whats the point in even buying?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So what you're saying, you dislike Bitdefender's market domination. The more vendors that use Bitdefender, the better it is for them as well as the vendor using their engine. Why create your own in-house engine, when you can use another -and not be at the bottom of the pack-?

Baidu AV users can optionally use Avira's engine, so does Avira suck as well?

If those are newly created files, it's more than likely they're FPs. (Even if it was a joke, some people think Avast is a Virus -paranoia-).

@Syntax, I would assume so, considering it's a new version. But it's better to ask or keep tabs on the Avast Forum for more info. ;)
Or try asking here:
https://feedback.avast.com/

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Dima007,

In terms of what? Ram usage, sluggish performance, slow scans, slow start-up?

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
just my 2 cents worth here im testing avast internet security 9.0 beta and its light according to wise care it took only .43 seconds to boot up my machine

Status
Not open for further replies.