** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - 6.0.1351 **
we will soon be releasing a new program update of avast. As usual, we're making it available for public testing a few days before the official release. The current version number is 6.0.1351.
This is hopefully going to be a smooth service release, mainly designed to fix some of the issues of the previous v6.0 builds. It also moves us a bit closer to the release of v7, slated for Q1 2012.
Here's an [incomplete] list of the most important changes:
- Script Shield now works with Google Chrome, all versions of Firefox and Acrobat Reader
- Improvements in WebRep plugins (especially IE)
- Stability improvements in aswSP.sys and the avast! sandbox
- File system shield: improved on-close scanning
- avast! Internet Security: new antispam engine
- Web Shield and Script Shield: more options in the UI
The UI of the new version also includes the avast! Market, a new way to get info (and potentially try/buy) other avast products. This section can be hidden by disabling the avast! recommendation features in the avast! Community settings.
The content is not final yet - please take it like this.
Free AV: http://files.avast.com/files/beta/6.0.1351/setup_av_free.exe
Pro AV: http://files.avast.com/files/beta/6.0.1351/setup_av_pro.exe
You can either install from scratch, or over an existing installation of avast (any version).
Users of the previous beta can also use the normal in-product updater.
Check out the original post at: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=88214.0