Battle AVAST av lagging pc any other decent av that doesnt lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Avast 2015 Beta 2 is pretty light on my system, they also fine tuned the modules.

OP is already using OA and MBAM in real-time, using Beta software can cause more issues (ie. conflicts with Windows, compatibility with other software, general bugs) etc.

Avast free is crap anyway...

Could you elaborate in regards to "avast is crap"? What makes Qihoo 360 superior?

AVG is junkware, too weak protection

Source of "weak protection"? AVG is a reputable Antivirus / Security company with AVG Free being one of the most free, popular Antivirus software. Junkware? I think not.

AVG installs a spyware too, if I may add.

As far as I know, the AVG Toolbar is optional. Edit: You do not need to install any software to use SecureSearch by AVG ( http://isearch.avg.com/ )

Information

Level 1
Verified
Sep 13, 2014

avast! Protection

Level 2
Verified
Jun 27, 2014
Hi,

As @Huracan mentioned, the lag problem may come from the real-time protection of MBAM / OA. I suggest you to turn them off and check if there's any difference in terms of performance. If that's the case, there's a big chance the other AVs to slow down your PC again.

If you're still using avast! on your PC, you may try adding exclusions from both software by following these steps - https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=99097.msg790807#msg790807

Cheers!

S

starchild76

as being a AVG Hall Of Famer we are well of this , customers where complaining about secure search and the toolbar. "forced down our throats " was a term that whas used the most in their complaints. the have then simplified AVG's installer so you can opt out on install. nowadays its different and the toolbar does not come bundled with the installers.

stephentony

Level 1
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I have 16GB's of RAM and a SSD and MBAM running in real-time still managed to slow boot times and had a negative impact on system resources. I only use it on demand now with a weekly scan. Avast is quite light and contrary to the educated remarks about Avast being, and I quote, "Crap" it is anything but. If I didn't have a license for EAM and Webroot WSA, I wouldn't think twice about using Avast as my primary AV. In fact, I could run it together with WSA or EAM. Why am I not doing that? ;) I think Umbra Polaris has those combos detailed in one of his super combo configuration guides.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
cpu: amd fx 6300
ram: 8gig
gpu: r7 260x
psu: superflower 550w gold green
antimalware: malwarebytes pro
fw: online armor pro
av: avast

Avast won't lag your PC, it's the conflicts between various security softwares that could be the problem. Especially when you try to run 2 of them in real-time.

Try disabling MBAM's real time protection and startup option. You could see the difference :D

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
well my pc is working fine with avast it might be cos im in the middle of switching to fibre optic broadband
dragonx1983, I'm glad "Avast!" 'is working fine..' along with your fibre optic broadband.:cool: I did not chime in (until now) mainly because Avast is still quite new on our 8.1 system. The scans are thorough, and I like how it detects the flash drives I'd forgotten to remove the night before,:oops: ;)and it also gives me the option to scan them "now" or "later".:) Truth be told, up to this point, my favorite thing about how "Avast!" works has had absolutely nothing to do with the level of it's protection.:rolleyes: There is a female Siri-like voice that cracks me up particularly when my wife starts laughing whenever we hear it speak: "Avast!" database has been updated!!".:p:D

S

starchild76

dragonx1983, I'm glad "Avast!" 'is working fine..' along with your fibre optic broadband.:cool: I did not chime in (until now) mainly because Avast is still quite new on our 8.1 system. The scans are thorough, and I like how it detects the flash drives I'd forgotten to remove the night before,:oops: ;)and it also gives me the option to scan them "now" or "later".:) Truth be told, up to this point, my favorite thing about how "Avast!" works has had absolutely nothing to do with the level of it's protection.:rolleyes: There is a female Siri-like voice that cracks me up particularly when my wife starts laughing whenever we hear it speak: "Avast!" database has been updated!!".:p:D

and I would love to hear your ( probably / most likely ) soothing voice cats , reading one of your poetic replies ,or maybe doing a video review for avast in the future ;) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.