App Review Avast, Avira, BD Boot Protection Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Topic: Boot Protection.

Wow! Nice ! Impressive that Bitdefender! Is doing their job! But their customer service is junk! And what about the paid versions AV's next?

Wondering if, Dr. Web Security Space with firewall offer Boot protection like Bitdefender?
Additionally,I would like to see if, Spyshelter and Voodoo Shield offer protection in this area?

Wondering, if there is anti-malware that would help out in this area? And/or some other security software that step-up in this area that one can add? Any suggestions?

How does Comodo do this area of Boot protection?

I take that script kiddies can be remove with Winpatrol and WinAntiRansom Plus+? Or stop? Your opinion? And/or anybody opinion here?

Again, thank you for sharing the video!!! Your insight is amazing with a different ways at looking various-es topics!!!

Kind regards,

Last edited:

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
Topic: Boot Protection.
Wondering if, Dr. Web Security Space with firewall offer Boot protection like Bitdefender?
Additionally,I would like to see if, Spyshelter and Voodoo Shield offer protection in this area?

moose i will tell you one simple thing curelsis already mentioned that she created that malware through her own hand so it is really unknown file to every av available in this planet, as well av have decent enough bb or hips then it will block the payload.
second for question about drweb if you are running drweb in medium or paranoid mode then nothing will happens, because the drweb starts the hardware virtualization through com surrogate, you can see that com surrogate running 1 or 2 instance of it, then based on that drweb will make the decision even when you are in offline mode, believe me the com surrogate triggered when my lan connection having problem, when i try to troubleshoot it. for shyshelter it will block the unknown exe, even it executed without it never bypassed the spyshelter, spyshelter create hell lot of pop up saying some unknown exe accessing some important or protected system files, so it will be like comodo creating pop up when it is working in paranoid mode, i believe you can understand how comodo create hell of pop up you can't answer all of them at the same time. if you still can't feel how comodo create heck of pop ups better ask to umbra how it feels when you are sitting before system when comodo makes it....... :D
:D:D:D

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
Dr. Web Security Space in paraniod mode!!!:p

moose, i am using my drweb in medium mode as well as i created some rules for some program in hips, so whatever may be the new things (i.e. it may any kind of file my drweb always scan aggressively, for your info when ever i install anything even my slimjet update drweb become aggressive so it will invoke the com surrogate and started to scan in hypervisor, even now when i typing this drweb scanning something in background, so obviously it depends. ) :p

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Sam- Norton and ESET are up next. Just have to find a bit of time to script the video.

I'm curious especially about Norton as they have a setting for Boot Time protection- and this can even be set at Aggressive. Oh Boy, Oh Boy!!!

C

CySecy825

Please test Panda Free Av

And sometimes 360 Ts and Xvirus

THANKS FOR REVIEW

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Moose

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
I tried to contact them using an email but they said I was not using their paid product. I only need to report an issue, I don't need malware removal assistance

Reactions: CySecy825

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.