Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Hi all testers,

we tried to get you fresh beta last week. It got a bit delayed, but finally, here it is! There was a lot of work done under the hood of the new UI. Hope you'll like all the invisible improvements!
If everything goes well, you are going to get another beta before the week ends.

What's new:

- Fixed slow loading of the UI
- UI now works on smaller resolutions e.g. 800x600
- Browser addons cleaning added to the Smart Scan
- Localization is completed

Avast forum topic:
NEW: Avast Beta 17.1.2284

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I haven't used this latest build, but did Avast remove Full and Custom scan options with their New UI?

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

Lord Ami

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
I haven't used this latest build, but did Avast remove Full and Custom scan options with their New UI?
upload_2017-1-31_0-50-48.png upload_2017-1-31_0-51-1.png
No, it's still there :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Lord Ami Thanks, forgot about checking there, I'm used to it being on the home UI.

@blueblackwow65 Do you plan to reinstall this beta build? I updated using built-in updater, restarted Windows and everything was working - on most parts for a beta. Few issues with Logging in my Avast Account, but another restart solved that.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
I may install next beta build ,but I also have a problem with my Scheduled Macrium backups ,for some reason Macrium gives an error with beta builds especially avast beta . The 2280 stable build for Avast is working for macrium scheduled backups ,weird.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.