Verified
Nov 18, 2015
HI all just found this:):):)

Newest beta version: 17.1.2282

Changes:
+ GUI fixes
+ New SecureDNS module
+ New tray icon
+ SafeZone: Now, whether you’re in Default or Bank Mode, you’ll use the same settings, bookmarks and history. You’ll even be able to switch between modes without losing your session, so it’s never been easier to shop or bank safely.
+ SafeZone: Added Bookmarks export
+ minor bugs fixed (total 268)

Download links:
- BETA testing - Overview & Download links

Known issues:
+ SmartScan and Browser Cleanup not finished
+ Firewall profiles don't work correctly on Windows XP
+ SafeZone: Links leading to extensions store will not work

petersaints

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2015
This is the avast! forum post about this build: NEW: Beta 17.1.2282

Also, according to that same post, the behavior analysis (IDP that comes from AVG) is not included yet, but it is still planned for January release. It will be included in the next beta version planned in 2-3 weeks.

Therefore, from the little I've read and seen (screenshots) from the new avast! and AVG versions, it seems that they will be basically the same product. I have been using Windows 10's Windows Defender for a few months now. But I'll probably give avast! or AVG a try once they release their 2017 versions. If they have feature parity, I'll probably go with avast!. I'll only consider AVG if it has any additional features/modules that are of any interest to me.

Reactions: JB007 and nikos200

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Love the new UI. Icon animation is cool but I prefer the last one.

Im addicted to the new animated amoeba icon. It's so beautiful shifting and morphing from circle into amoeba and back. And its' really cool because the animation is so slow and smooth it's not distracting at all unlike fast spinning "a" orb.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Im addicted to the new animated amoeba icon. It's so beautiful shifting and morphing from circle into amoeba and back. And its' really cool because the animation is so slow and smooth it's not distracting at all unlike fast spinning "a" orb.
Hello @RejZoR
Do you have some screen shots of this new tray icon ?
Thanks

Reactions: nikos200

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
@RejZoR

Did that check box during installation say "Software defender"? Isn't that Software analyzer? IDP?

Thought that wasn't included until next beta. Maybe I am mistaken though.

Reactions: JB007

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
@RejZoR

Did that check box during installation say "Software defender"? Isn't that Software analyzer? IDP?

Thought that wasn't included until next beta. Maybe I am mistaken though.
Someone asked on Avast forum what is "Software Analyzer" in new beta and they said that it is Behaviour Blocker from AVG or something like that. :)

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.