Advice Request Avast Business Free Replacement search

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgwhitlock

Thread author
Aug 17, 2018
I already posted in another thread I am looking for a replacement for the Free Avast Business edition; this thread will be dedicated to sharing my findings as I am testing. I have an extended family spread out that I help support. I will update this post as I try different programs with pros, cons and any other thoughts I consider appropriate.

My first test has been with Avira Cloud with their free antivirus. I had to sign up for an account which I consider fine.

Pros - Free, cloud console for basic information and installation, each module individually installed, easy to disable for installing software before re-enabling.

Cons - advertisements sometimes pop up for other modules; less options for putting off reboots when upgraded kinda like Windows 10.

I am also using OSArmor with the different programs to help harden Windows. I am just barely starting with it though it seems easy to use and is free. The basic config is supposed to be good for anybody wanting extra protection. It has a lot of features which I have not fully went through yet. I will say more about this later. The major Pro is that it is free. The only con is that come users might be overwhelmed by all the features but it looks easy to learn as you go.

You can ask questions if you like. If I happen to still have the program installed I will endeavor to answer your questions. However I need my answers by October 15th so each test will only be a few days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.