Advice Request Avast doesn't show update pop-ups!

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrabida Rock

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
Hi all,
i have avast's updater to inform when new updates are available but until now no pop-ups or other information methods were shown...
It should show something, i think...

Attachments

• Image.PNG
    Image.PNG
    28.4 KB · Views: 409

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
Hi all,
i have Avast's updater to inform when new updates are available but until now no pop-ups or other information methods were shown...
It should show something, i think...
If Avast isn't notifying you, then something is broken..
BTW, I don't use Avast so I can't tell you from experience. Maybe it's a bug.
Hope other Avast users give shed some light :)
P.S. From experience, many times reinstalling a softaware can fix many things ;) as you may know.

Reactions: Arrabida Rock

mostafa96

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 2, 2015
avast is now depend on streaming update it update it self every second dont worry

they said the removed the notification cuz there is no need to show it every second

Reactions: Arrabida Rock

Arrabida Rock

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
If Avast isn't notifying you, then something is broken..
BTW, I don't use Avast so I can't tell you from experience. Maybe it's a bug.
Hope other Avast users give shed some light :)
P.S. From experience, many times reinstalling a softaware can fix many things ;) as you may know.

Yeah, i know but this is the first install, however it showed me a pop-up today when i start my pc. :)

Reactions: GonzitoVir

Arrabida Rock

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
Avast is now depend on streaming update it update it self every second dont worry

they said the removed the notification cuz there is no need to show it every second

Yes but still there an option to customize the time to update viruses database (240 minutes = 4 hours by default) so i think it will show me update pop-ups every 4 hours not each second... However it showed me a pop-up today! :)

mostafa96

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 2, 2015
Yes but still there an option to customize the time to update viruses database (240 minutes = 4 hours by default) so i think it will show me update pop-ups every 4 hours not each second... However it showed me a pop-up today! :)

may be it will show pop-up every big update it do as u said u it show pop-up when u started ur pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.