Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
avast! EasyPass
Encrypted, one-click password management from avast!
  • Stores and manages passwords, user names, and other data
  • Safest tool for one-click completion of online forms
  • Integrates with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Opera
  • Sync your passwords between multiple devices (all with the same license)
  • Passwords are protected with military-grade AES 256 encryption

Download Avast! EasyPass Password Manager

Avast! EasyPass FAQ

In The News:
CNET : After delay, Avast launches EasyPass
More than two weeks behind schedule, Avast released today its password manager. Called EasyPass (download) and built on a core licensed from Roboform (download), Avast's password manager comes with Blowfish and AES-256 password encryption, and is basically the premium version of Roboform rebranded with Avast colors. EasyPass integrates with the major browsers.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
win7holic said:
personally.
i didn't use any software or add-on for storing password.
because, my brain can remember well and handle it. :dodgy:

but, it's good for who's have lot account and don't want remember it.

these software are good for people who like to put remember me on every web page its good specially when you have been backdoored and your pc is sending logs to a server,firefox password manager is vulnerable to viruses.this type of passwords managers tend to be more powerful than others that why people use it :)

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
This looks good, although why waste $9.99, when there are already free add-ons that offer this.? :p

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
K__M said:
This looks good, although why waste $9.99, when there are already free add-ons that offer this.? :p

Completely agree, there are so many totally free password managers without limitations available. I doubt many users will buy Avast Easy Pass since it is just a clone of Roboform.

I believe Avast is just trying out different products to see what will sale and generate profits. I see nothing wrong with that since they provide one of the best AV for free.

Thanks.:D

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
There is no doubt that this will sell, but as others have stated, why pay for this when there is plenty of free offerings that do the same thing like Keepass, Lastpass etc..

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I'll past up on this one as I'm already using LastPass which is a great free Passwod Manager, Good step from Avast! though.

D

Deleted member 178

BoXX28 said:
I'll past up on this one as I'm already using LastPass which is a great free Passwod Manager, Good step from Avast! though.

+1

PaddyCrook

Oct 31, 2011
Been using Lastpass for over a year - really useful piece of software :) I've always wondered about using a password manager though - is there not an inherent risk by putting your passwords online? I know, I know... it's supposed to be 100% secure and stuff, but still... hackers and things are out there, and these kind of things would be seen as a challenge for them... I reckon I'll still store account information for websites, but I'm very hesitant to put any banking details in there. Would paying for the service, particularly from avast, reduce this threat?

E

Exorcizm

Just seen this! :D If i saw it earlier i wouldn't have posted news about it!

Sorry! :p

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Was going to give this a try because one I think that Avast would have put out another great product and two because it is for passwords and I like to keep my passwords safe.

E

Exorcizm

McLovin said:
Was going to give this a try because one I think that Avast would have put out another great product and two because it is for passwords and I like to keep my passwords safe.

I just uninstalled Avast! Free Edition last night and installed ESET NOD32 Smart Security 5! It's great! Bundled with Avast! Easy Pass, could be something quite unique i think :D

woodwalker

Feb 29, 2012
I saw this earlier today on the avast! market. The picture looked a hell of a lot like Roboform, which is what I use, 'cause it is free (for the first 10 passes, at least).

PassKey

Mar 13, 2013
Linuxfever said:
Looks good but I'm not paying £9.99 when I can use Lastpass for FREE.
I use the FREE version of Avast! Which I think is the best value antivirus programme out there. http://www.snapfiles.com/get/avast.html
This morning I downloaded Avast version 8 and it asked me to include EasyPass, I thought I will look up information on EasyPass and discovered this website “Malware Tips” so it did me a good favour, after reading here the cost is £9.99 I will not be using EasyPass.

I already use KeePass a really great FREE password security programme; I use it with the excellent plugin DataBaseBackup v2.08.4 for KeePass 2.15 and higher. http://keepass.info/

Tony.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
PassKey said:
I use the FREE version of Avast! Which I think is the best value antivirus programme out there. http://www.snapfiles.com/get/avast.html
This morning I downloaded Avast version 8 and it asked me to include EasyPass, I thought I will look up information on EasyPass and discovered this website “Malware Tips” so it did me a good favour, after reading here the cost is £9.99 I will not be using EasyPass.

I already use KeePass a really great FREE password security programme; I use it with the excellent plugin DataBaseBackup v2.08.4 for KeePass 2.15 and higher. http://keepass.info/

Tony.

Glad to see that you have joined us. :)

You have another option that you can use instead of KeePass, it's Lastpass for Chrome and Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.