Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Has anyone tested Avast firewall's effectiveness? How good is it compared to windows firewall for example?
Thank you!

nishaddesilva

Level 3
Aug 26, 2012
I use Avast IS and IMHO it has a very good decent firewall which is very user friendly and highly configurable. They haven't fully implemented the Agnitum firewall module in their suite yet. When they do their firewall will get better hopefully.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I used Avast Security Suite for 3 months I got a 90 day free trial.

The firewall is more easy to configure outbound and inbound network traffic compared to Windows Firewall with Advanced Security. Of coarse you can do the same with Windows Firewall it just takes more work. The effectiveness will be the same. Once they implement Agnitum Outpost in their firewall it could be much better, since Outpost has always had excellent network control.

I have always preferred ZoneAlarm Free since it has Application Control center for fine tweaking network control.

Thanks.:D

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I have Avast IS for one year, so I suppose I won't make any change to Avast free+some other firewall at least for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.