Battle avast! Free or Avira Free or MSE with Comodo Firewall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluxon

Thread author
Jul 15, 2011
avast! Free with Comodo Firewall vs Avira Free with Comodo Firewall vs MSE with Comodo Firewall.

Which do you think is better and why?

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
RE: avast! Free with Comodo Firewall vs Avira Free with Comodo Firewall vs MSE w/ Comodo

Well Avira has the higher detection % over all then comes avast, but overall avast is a better product.

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
RE: avast! Free with Comodo Firewall vs Avira Free with Comodo Firewall vs MSE w/ Comodo

That may be true but take a look:

http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/ondret/avc_od_feb2011.pdf

D

Deleted member 178

Avast + CFW is the best combination, Avast has multiple useful and efficient modules and an excellent detection rate, i even tried its Behavior Blocker alongside Comodo HIPS, i didnt get any issues. Needless to say Avast sandbox must be disabled.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

avast free with comodo firewall :)
because their very exellent software for nowadays.

*but, i just use avast free with MBAM pro

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011

I always liked Avast! as my personal favorite because of it's low strain on resources and being an overall complete antivirus product, I already had that same combo of Avast! Free Antivirus with Comodo's Firewall and I liked it, looked pretty secure and didn't take up too much of my resources either.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

endejan said:
combo of Avast! Free Antivirus with Comodo's Firewall and I liked it, looked pretty secure and didn't take up too much of my resources either.

i just hope, comodo firewall fully protect on 64bit like fully protect on 32bit version

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011

win7holic said:
endejan said:
combo of Avast! Free Antivirus with Comodo's Firewall and I liked it, looked pretty secure and didn't take up too much of my resources either.

i just hope, comodo firewall fully protect on 64bit like fully protect on 32bit version

It should work just fine on 64-bit systems, I haven't tried it in recent times on anything other then 32-bit operating systems, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work, right?

D

Deleted member 178

endejan said:
I already had that same combo of Avast! Free Antivirus with Comodo's Firewall and I liked it, looked pretty secure and didn't take up too much of my resources either.

i totally agree

win7holic said:

normally for CIS/CFW v5.8

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

just hope about it. i can't test it on VM.. so ,i don't know it works fine or not
:s

normally for CIS/CFW v5.8

i know.. who's people ever test on 64bit system?
i just want watch it and make sure it fully protect
:)

D

Deleted member 178

i tried on my W7 x64, i launch one million cookies at same and CIS eat them all :p

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

Avast, avira and MSE are all good products but currently avast seems to be one step forward. However, if you can master the HIPS part of Comodo Firewall, the Behavior Blocker included with avast might no longer be needed - you can choose to not install it if you do a custom install of avast. Same goes for the avast sandbox that you can disable in settings.

As for avira, I used it for a long period of time but I encountered some issues that made me switch to avast... false positives, a component failed to start after an update, etc. I haven't used it since so things might be different now.
MSE is a good av but uses allot of RAM and scans are slow.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

All products can be have a great combination with Comodo

but for overall its like Avast was superior performance that can be combine with Comodo Firewall.

Fluxon

Thread author
Jul 15, 2011

I don't need to disable avast!'s network shield right?

Also, when installing Comodo's Firewall, which option should I choose? Firewall with Optimum Proactive Defense or Firewall with Maximum Proactive Defense?

D

Deleted member 178

Firewall with MAXIMUM proactive defense, anyway after you should check by a right click on the tray icon, if the configuration is set to "proactive".

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011

I use MSE V2 Latest (currently 2.1.1116.0) with COMODO Firewall and with no problems :) I previously used Avira with COMODO Firewall and also with no problems :) Avast is also a great combination with COMODO Firewall :)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

The COMODO Firewall is so strong that won't really matter which antivirus product you use.....

D

Deleted member 178

Jack said:
The COMODO Firewall is so strong that won't really matter which antivirus product you use.....

exactly, it is why Comodo dont mind too much about their AV module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.