Advanced Security SHvFl security configuration 2024

Last updated
Feb 10, 2024
Main use of this computer
For work or educational use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Microsoft Defender.
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Custom security settings
OSarmor
Windows Firewall Control.
Periodic malware scanners
None.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A.
Browsers and extensions
Microsoft Edge.
Mozilla Firefox.

Cookie auto-delete, Dark reader, Ublock origin, Enhancer for Youtube, KeepassXC, Microsoft Editor.
Secure DNS
Google and Cloudflare doh.
Desktop VPN
Airvpn.
Password and passkey manager
Keepass.
File and photo backups
AOMEI Backupper
Subscriptions
    • Microsoft 365 Personal (1 TB)
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Working from home
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
I7,16GB ram, m.2 ssd.
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Forum Veteran
New year new me. I had to get rid of Kaspersky and even though I tried several other antivirus I was not happy with any of them for one reason or another. Tried Zonealarm, Norton, Bitdefender, Eset, Comodo, Avira, Avast. So for now until I can think of something I gave up and went with what MS has to offer with some help from forum members and their tools.
 
Last edited:
Do you keep a secure backup of your KeePass database offline, or online?
"Offline" using multiple ways so I know it will always be somewhere regardless.
Real time - Using backups on save, backups of the file on schedule and sync on all my devices with syncthing.
Cold storage - Save the database periodically in safe locations separate from each other.
 
Did a few changes.
Hard Configurator -> OSarmor (OSarmor gives me the ability to have a better control of what is blocked or not)
Hasleo Backupper -> AOMEI Backupper (AOMEI is an easier to operate program with similar performance)
UAC to always notify
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top