Avast Free with Online Armor or Upgrade Avast Internet Security?

Avast Free with Online Armor or Upgrade Avast Internet Security?

• Avast Free with Online Armor

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Upgrade Avast Internet Security

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
avast free with online armor or upgrade avast? is it worth upgrading avast cos i dnt feel people should have to pay others jsut to protect there computer

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
i suggest 360TS+OutPost firewall.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
avast! Internet Security isn't worth paying for, if you're NOT going to utilise all it's features.

Sandbox
> avast! Sandbox doesn't always virtualise applications
> I found Baidu folders in my Program Files, after using avast! Manual Sandbox (for Baidu AV).
> Applications may crash when virtualised, for example, Internet Exporer
> Hard to locate installed apps in sandbox.
> No clear instructions on how to Empty Sandbox (not SafeZone).
SafeZone
> Protected URLs didn't open in SafeZone Browser
> Uses Chromium, not latest version.
Firewall
> Neat features, but not easy to use or configure firewall - More confusing than Windows Firewall
Anti-Spam
> Use Webmail? Then you won't need this.
Software Updater
> Automatic updates limited to Premier version.
Others Tools
> More or less junk
Avast Online Security
> Doesn't always play nice with other browser extensions

At the end of my 10 (of 30 day trial), I concluded that a much better option is to stick with avast! Free Antivirus, Sandboxie and Windows Firewall. However, I look forward to see what Avast has to offer in the 2015 version, especially NG.

@dragonx1983 Grab the trial version here, http://www.avast.com/en-gb/download-software (Do NOT buy first).

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
avast! Internet Security isn't worth paying for, if you're NOT going to utilise all it's features.

Sandbox
> avast! Sandbox doesn't always virtualise applications
> I found Baidu folders in my Program Files, after using avast! Manual Sandbox (for Baidu AV).
> Applications may crash when virtualised, for example, Internet Exporer
> Hard to locate installed apps in sandbox.
> No clear instructions on how to Empty Sandbox (not SafeZone).
SafeZone
> Protected URLs didn't open in SafeZone Browser
> Uses Chromium, not latest version.
Firewall
> Neat features, but not easy to use or configure firewall - More confusing than Windows Firewall
Anti-Spam
> Use Webmail? Then you won't need this.
Software Updater
> Automatic updates limited to Premier version.
Others Tools
> More or less junk
Avast Online Security
> Doesn't always play nice with other browser extensions

At the end of my 10 (of 30 day trial), I concluded that a much better option is to stick with avast! Free Antivirus, Sandboxie and Windows Firewall. However, I look forward to see what Avast has to offer in the 2015 version, especially NG.

@dragonx1983 Grab the trial version here, http://www.avast.com/en-gb/download-software (Do NOT buy first).

Again NG will be available in Free version. I better to stick with the Free version ;)

Yile Wang

Level 1
Verified
Sep 29, 2014
Online Armor firewall is more powerful than the firewall in Avast! Internet Security, and it's free, so I think it is not worthy to upgrade to Avast! Internet Security.

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Avast free + OA fw is much more powerful combo than Avast IS if you use OA HIPS. It used to be my fav combo for a while.

Reactions: avast! Protection

titan1

Level 1
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
Avast free+online armor free will be a good combo in my opinion.Because both are free and online armor is pretty strong firewall with HIPS.And you can use sandboxie for sandbox purpose.Why pay when you get similar alternative for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.