Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Security solutions provider Avast has acquired Secure.me, a privacy company that specializes in protecting users against apps that are insecure or ones that collect too much information.
9jrt8qt1r1.jpg

“The acquisition reinforces AVAST's position as a worldwide leader in security. By including secure.me’s cutting-edge social-privacy and security technologies in our own security offerings, we will be giving customers even greater confidence in their online experience, whether they are on a PC, tablet, or a mobile device,” said Avast CEO Vincent Steckler.

The technologies brought to the table by Secure.me – including ones that focus on advanced content inspection, social media privacy, and mobile device application security – allow Avast to further enhance its products.

In addition, Avast will also benefit from Secure.me’s Facebook security application, which uses sophisticated algorithms to identify actions that could impact users’ privacy, security and reputation.

“We were always fans of the solutions and underlying technologies that secure.me has developed and brought to market,” added Avast CTO Ondrej Vlcek, “and now we’re working at light-speed to fully integrate them into both our free and premium offerings, so our couple hundred million users can get all of the great benefits these capabilities deliver.
http://news.softpedia.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.