Battle Avast IS vs Comodo IS

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

RE: Avast IS OR Comodo IS

i tested both of them and CIS is effectively superior:

CIS' Firewall/BB/HIPS own the file shield-dependent BB and FW of Avast.

Prevention > Detection

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012

Avast for Simplicity

Comodo for more configuration and flexibility. Though both software are great you can't go wrong with any of um, though comodo offer's better protection.

Personally though if you choose, Comodo go for ver 5.0 i found it both lighter and much easier to navigate to 6.0. Though that's my personal opinion :) .

Cheers

Z

ZeroDay

spywar said:
Gnosis said:
I have to agree that CIS is superior, but Avast is perfect for grandma or a small child that cannot handle any cyber decision making or excessive interactions.
What do you mean by "superior" ?
Do you test them ?
I have many samples that bypass CIS ... and detected by avast without av signs ... They are both very well and don't forget that avast is going to improve even more with new stuffs coming ...
Could you pm me a link to said samples so I can test them against CIS in a vm?

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012

Look at this thread I don't send samples to others ...
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=115421.0

To Umbra : I'm right, you did not test avast! with new cloud features ....
Comodo ? Valkyrie has been releasing for 2 years, still nothing done from it with Comodo cloud ....
Avast is OK for PC protection and now comes to prevention with Evo-Gen, Similarity Search and soon Dyna detections generated automatically.
Please read this ... https://blog.avast.com/2012/12/03/new-toy-research-lab/

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012

ZeroDay said:
Look at this thread I don't send samples to others ..

I looked and I didn't find anything.
Ah you are talking about CIS ... I thought you wanted samples detected by avast autosandboxed .. my bad ...
Go to Comodo forums you'll see number of threads talking about bypass.
Also a video done by a french tester
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YK8LXHyo6bQ
CIS fails against ransomware.

Z

ZeroDay

I'd like those samples myself to test against Cis with 'Proactive security' enabled. Thanks for the video Spywar.

D

Deleted member 178

spywar said:

tested Avast v7 , tested Avast v8 (all betas)... nothing new except useless tools and gadgets.

Even i don't like CIS new GUI, at least it works well.

P

Plexx

spywar said:
Look at this thread I don't send samples to others ...
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=115421.0

Comodo ? Valkyrie has been releasing for 2 years, still nothing done from it with Comodo cloud ....
Avast is OK for PC protection and now comes to prevention with Evo-Gen, Similarity Search and soon Dyna detections generated automatically.
Please read this ... https://blog.avast.com/2012/12/03/new-toy-research-lab/

It is pointless comparing a Beta/RC build with another product that has been released already.

avast! since version 7 has nothing more to offer than problems and it is a known fact, including windows 8 support and all the bugs and issues that it generated.

I can count with my fingers how many stable builds of version 7 there are: 2.

As for version 8, my personal opinion is this: incorporation of useless tools without focusing on existing problems.

Behavior Shield remains basically untouched and is still dependent on other shields, yet avast! itself allows the customization of turning each shield off upon installation as it would work fine and independent, which is not true.

Version 8 comes out and it will be exactly what happened with BitDefender 2013 upon launch.

Let's not jump into conclusions on how much avast has "improved" until a final release is shown and guaranteed to be more problems. A trend in avast since release of version 7.

normalizerx

Level 2
Oct 9, 2012

One thing I don't agree is that it is pointless to compare released products to Beta ones. Sometimes the Beta versions of some products are more stable than the so-called released versions of others which are in fact in an endless beta test, paid by customers who are also used as guinea pigs and are beta-testers without knowing it. Anyway, I won't go into details as I don't want to start bashing and raising flames.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
OK look at my test with REAL FRESH SAMPLES and not PUP or others things from malc0de ....
http://infomars.fr/forum/index.php?showtopic=4961
Avast did a 100% thanks to new cloud based features ...
Now you can say WHATEVER you want this was my last post here.

spywar

D

Deleted member 178

lol Spywar, tu es Français aussi ^^

the problem for me is that a good feature will never replace lot of bugs.

Z

ZeroDay

Spywar I really hope Avast! has improved overall and gives other vendors a run for their money, afterall, the only people who benifit from competition is the end users, but I'll reserve Comment on the new Avast! untill it's proven it's self.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
spywar said:
OK look at my test with REAL FRESH SAMPLES and not PUP or others things from malc0de ....
http://infomars.fr/forum/index.php?showtopic=4961
Avast did a 100% thanks to new cloud based features ...
Now you can say WHATEVER you want this was my last post here.

spywar

Umbra Corp. said:
lol Spywar, tu es Français aussi ^^

the problem for me is that a good feature will never replace lot of bugs.
(Vous les francais vous prenez tout a coeur xD je rigole) btw on topic yes you could say that avast detected the ransomware, they are improving its good,one thing i didn't agree with the tester is bashing comodo,i speak both french and english,i've noticed how he was making fun of comodo,like that part where comodo notify you if you want a microsoft certified blabla what the tester doesn't know is that to be a microsoft certified person you don't need to work at microsoft,no security product will guarantee you a 100% protection,for me its comodo,btw you saw that the tester modified avast settings,he could had modified comodo too like us,fully virtualized sandbox tick hips on,i'm sure he would have got the block option with hips alert! btw anyways i will say cis 6 is a great improvement beside the skin which i don't really like! lets hope there will be more test coming out soon when avast 8 is finally released and lets say cis 6.1 will be out by then :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.