Battle Avast IS vs Comodo IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
comodo anytime through avast is good as i was using it before comodo is just a next level security!

benefit powerful hips
powerful sandbox more matured than the one of avast!
great detection
zero day malware protection is better compared to avast

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
House_maniac said:
comodo anytime through avast is good as i was using it before comodo is just a next level security!

benefit powerful hips
powerful sandbox more matured than the one of avast!
great detection
zero day malware protection is better compared to avast

Good i also love Comodo

Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted member 178

Except the price, both have similar features, between CIS and AIS, i will go CIS, but i prefer EIS than both of them ^^

D

Deleted member 178

what we have under hands between CIS and Avast IS:

CIS:

- Antivirus
- Firewall
- Cloud
- Behavior Blocker
- HIPS
- full virtualized Sandbox
- Banking mode (aka Kiosk)
- Process/autorun monitor (aka Killswitch/Autorun)
- On-demand cloud scanner for infected system (Aka CCE)

Avast IS:

- Antivirus with boot-time scan
- Firewall
- Cloud
- Behavior Blocker
- Web filter & web rep
- Script/network/IM Shield
- Full virtualized Sandbox
- Banking mode (aka Safezone)
- Remote control

not so much differences, now make your choice :D

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
not this is hard to answer comparison, IMO, CIS is more effective against zero day infections and avast has better signatures.

and also avast IS is not free but CIS is!

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
In fact avast! has good generic signs but once a program goes into sandbox (althought malicious) it always let it go without detecting any malicious changes/things. I use CIS v6 but If CIS premium was a paid product I'm sure I'd use avast! free AV which is very efficient.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
what we have under hands between CIS and Avast IS:

CIS:

- Antivirus
- Firewall
- Cloud
- Behavior Blocker
- HIPS
- full virtualized Sandbox
- Banking mode (aka Kiosk)
- Process/autorun monitor (aka Killswitch/Autorun)
- On-demand cloud scanner for infected system (Aka CCE)

Avast IS:

- Antivirus with boot-time scan
- Firewall
- Cloud
- Behavior Blocker
- Web filter & web rep
- Script/network/IM Shield
- Full virtualized Sandbox
- Banking mode (aka Safezone)
- Remote control

not so much differences, now make your choice :D
Let's talk now about the differences in the Comodo's and Avast's cloud :

Comodo's cloud :

-Automatic analysis of unknown apps by uplauding them to CIMA.
-Streaming updates
-Cloud based whitelist/Blacklist and TVL.

Avast's cloud :

-FileRep
-streaming updates.

P

Plexx

spywar said:
Let's talk now about the differences in the Comodo's and Avast's cloud :

Comodo's cloud :

-Automatic analysis of unknown apps by uplauding them to CIMA.
-Streaming updates
-Cloud based whitelist/Blacklist and TVL.

Avast's cloud :

-FileRep
-streaming updates.

avast!'s Streaming Updates is to deploy emergency updates on definitions (i.e to fix a false positive etc) as opposed to be released in the general definitions updates schedule.

The sole cloud purpose is mainly the FileRep on avast which has a similar function as Comodo's cloud when it comes to suspicious and unknown files.

What follows next is the more questionable part, but in its core both function similarly, but adding the streaming updates to it will mislead any user. In fact, many users are still uncertain what are the core features of streaming updates in avast! and many disable such feature.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Thanks for clarification.
Also I want to add + CIMA : Comodo Valkyrie (http://valkyrie.comodo.com/).
I asked a dev he said integration coming soon but don't know if it's integration with CIS o_O.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
I like both the products and since Avast will probably use Outpost firewall technology in next version, things might get interesting after that...but when it comes to free versus paid, free comes as a winner always :D

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
from my point of view you cannot and may not compare those products. comodo means security while avast means trying like hell to provide decent protection. but that`s only my opinion! please don`t through rocks at me!!! :D

P

Plexx

tipo said:
from my point of view you cannot and may not compare those products. comodo means security while avast means trying like hell to provide decent protection. but that`s only my opinion! please don`t through rocks at me!!! :D

Comodo focuses on prevention mainly with good technologies. Prevention being the strongest point.

avast! shifted from detection to a balance between detection and prevention, while the prevention side of things at its core work, they need quite some polishing.

Also it is to note that version 7 for both 7 and 8 users is causing problems constantly.

Comodo forums are helpful. avast! forums are questionable to say the least.

Bottom line: fair comparison between Comodo and avast! can be made as they both have IS components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.