Avast Passwords Manager (requires Avast Antivirus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
About AVAST Passwords: Passwords | Get Safer with Strong Passwords | Avast
FAQ: Avast FAQ | Avast 2016: Passwords - FAQ

Download for Google Chrome: Avast Passwords

IMPORTANT: This extension requires Avast Antivirus for Windows. You can download the Avast Antivirus at Avast | Download Free Antivirus for PC, Mac & Android for free.
  • Part of our core security
Passwords for PC doesn’t come as a standalone PC app (yet) – but you will find it in Free Antivirus, Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, and Premier.​

Store all your login details in one secure place, and access it from any of your devices, any time you need. Gmail. Facebook. Your online banking. Who can remember all those usernames, passwords and pin codes?
Avast Passwords stores all your login details safely with just one Main Password, so you can sign in faster without reusing your passwords – or worse – saving them on your browser.

Free Features:
  • Create strong, unique passwords for all your accounts - yet remember just one
  • Save and store all your login details in one secure place
  • Safely store your personal and payment card information - Passwords encrypts everything in a 5-layer security vault.
  • Automatically auto-fill online forms using a browser extension
  • Synchronize your passwords across your platforms and devices
Upgrade to AVAST Passwords Premium (for £9.99/$9.99 per year):
  • Password Guardian
If someone breaks into your Gmail or another service you use, we'll tell you straight away so you can change your password.​
  • One-Touch Login
On your PC or Mac? Browse as normal. We’ll prompt you when needed, so you can sign in to your accounts just by tapping your phone.​

Not convinced about secure password managers? http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/120514/avast-av-could-read-firefox-saved-passwords

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
It's a nice addition to Avast products especially the paid versions.
About Avast free i would consider password manager a must since most users like their program to have just the essential security components.
This is just my opinion.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I am grateful that Avast discontinued EasyPass in favour of Passwords, it's free usage is an advantage for on-the-go mobile devices. I keep LastPass and Passwords separate, only allowing certain data to Avast Passwords.

I bought the Premium, but it's not needed if you're just looking for a free secure password manager.

If you use another Antiviurs, wait until they release a standalone Passwords app for Desktop.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Patent-pending 5 layers of encryption on your device. If you link with a My Avast Account a backup is created to allow restoring and sync across multiple devices.

Check the FAQ or Ask on Avast Forums for further queries about if they store data on their services and how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.