• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lagg100

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 22, 2014
Hello, my Avast Premier license is gonna expire soon. Should i buy a new Avast Premier license or get a free antivirus. If you think i should take a free antivirus then write what free antivirus.

Reactions: Kent

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Hello, my Avast Premier license is gonna expire soon. Should i buy a new Avast Premier license or get a free antivirus. If you think i should take a free antivirus then write what free antivirus.
Instead of continuing with Avast,you could try ESET(paid) as it has excellent detection rate.Qihoo TS(free) is a good alternative as it has proactive defense and anti-logger features.

Reactions: souhrid

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I am using the free version but if you have money you should buy it.

Reactions: souhrid

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It depends in your choice, if wanted to purchase a license then go to well known suites from Kaspersky, Norton or ESET.

But for free AV then why not Avast? Besides of Qihoo 360 IS/TS or Avira Free.

Billy Williams

Level 1
Nov 30, 2014
I think you should use 360 TS. It has many features, light and free. I'm using it and feel it's great

Last edited:

j9ksf

Level 1
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
I had Avast free for years but the latest version has become bloated and will not load some sites, even with exclusions. I am now trying Avira for a time and hope I am able to overcome it's strangeness.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012

Avast Free or Qihoo 360 or stay on Avast Premier he is as good as Eset or any other known AV or IS

If you have the money for it, buy it. There are also some free alternatives. I can suggest you by ESET as it is way better and detection and it's so light on the system.

Avast is also very very light on the system,and detection is all the same (1-2% up or down).

Last edited by a moderator:
E

eight

Avast Premier 2015 or NOT?

Why not ?

If you can afford to pay for your online protection why not consider Trend Micro Premium Security.

Avast! is $50 for 1 machine while Trend Micro is $60 for 5 machines.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
If you are satisfied with Avast! you could try the free Avast! version with Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Free and Ublock.
Its a very light and powerful combo, with Avast! hardened mode it is almost 100 % protection :)

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
lagg100 is already a paid Avast! customer. If Avast! is his final choice he should stick with Avast! Premier.

He can always downgrade to the free version, it has the same core protection. In my opinion Avast! is the best free antivirus, with Windows Firewall and other tools it can become a very powerful and free combo.

Personally I dont like Avast! Premier, its price isnt justifiable.

Reactions: Ink

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
You said it yourself. Avast! Free is a downgrade from Avast! Premier :p

Why will any computer owner want to DownGrade his online protection o_O

"It has the same CORE protection"/ with Windows Firewall and other tools it can become a very powerful and free combo"

What is so hard to understand? It will not downgrade protection, just "price" in Avast! line.

I am not a native english speaker, so same things that I post dont have the "effect" that I want, but as I see you are just being annoying playing with words.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You said it yourself. Avast! Free is a downgrade from Avast! Premier :p

Why will any computer owner want to DownGrade his online protection o_O

It's not a downgrade, only an anti-upsell. ;)

Avast Free, Pro, Internet Security and Premier all have identical -by default- protection and detection rates. The difference between the Free and Paid, would be down to additional features and support. Not all the additional features of Premiers provide increased security.

The only difference I can determine would be hardware-related, as 'NG' may not run on a system without Hardware Virtualisation.

Reactions: jamescv7

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
When we say online protection, all Avast product comes with complete basic protection like anti-phishing, reputation advisor, web shield and others; actually it will differ from online transactions like the feature of Avast Safezone.

Downgrade on the same product with different title version does not affect the performance/detection, if may happen perhaps very slight difference like 0.001%. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.