Battle Avast Premier 2017 Vs Emsisoft Internet Security 2017

PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
Hello, Guys!
I'm new on this forum but I Really Really like this good Forum :)
So I had Emsisoft for couple of months now
But Recently I've switched over to Avast Premier Beacuse I've never used Avast before So I wanted to try It out
But now I'm without any AV As I do not know what to Install Avast or Emsisoft!
I have licences for both So thats not the problem
Thanks In Advance And btw This forum really nice. :)

PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
I prefer Emsisoft but your other choice is also a good one. ;)
Yes
Guys my problem Is That I want an AV to use for a good amount of Years
I'm getting tired of switching AV couple of months or weeks Just Beacuse I'm bored or Idk
And my only choice to stay with a good and soild AV for couple of Years Is or pay for an AV or get a free only Like Avast Free And Tweak It to a really good settings
I wont pay for an AV For couple of years That's too much for me!
I think I will choose Avast Free 2017 With a really good tweaked Settings
As I cannot pay an AV For a long term
And you need an AV for a long time as Its your security :)
What do you think Guys about My Decision?

Reactions: frogboy

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
But I dont pay for AV I Just payed for Emsisoft for the first time for 1 year
I really like Avast Free
Check my other comment!
I know. My refusing to pay is a personal quirk of mine; I wasn't questioning your decision in that regard. :p

Let me ask you two things and see if it will resolve your dilemma:
  • When you open up the UI of both Avast and Emsisoft which do you prefer?
  • When you receive an alert for a threat that was blocked, do you prefer Avast's or Emsisoft's?
I ask because your main interaction with both products is going to be those two things. They'll run silently in the background and the only time you'll notice they're there is when you choose to acknowledge them or when they catch something. Both offer good protection so it really comes down to which you prefer using.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Yes
I'm getting tired of switching AV couple of months or weeks Just Beacuse I'm bored or Idk
And my only choice to stay with a good and soild AV for couple of Years Is or pay for an AV or get a free only Like Avast Free And Tweak It to a really good settings
to be fair the amount you pay for a year of license is nothing.

PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
I know. My refusing to pay is a personal quirk of mine; I wasn't questioning your decision in that regard. :p

Let me ask you two things and see if it will resolve your dilemma:
  • When you open up the UI of both Avast and Emsisoft which do you prefer?
  • When you receive an alert for a threat that was blocked, do you prefer Avast's or Emsisoft's?
I ask because your main interaction with both products is going to be those two things. Both offer good protection so it really comes down to which you prefer using.
Me and you are the same :)
Are you also a gamer? We should play As you helped me alot right now!

My Answer to you

1. I prefer Avast UI To be honest.
2. On this one I'm kind of liking both.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Are you also a gamer? We should play As you helped me alot right now!
I own a PS4 but I don't get to play it too often. Only gaming system I own sadly.

If you do decide to go with Avast and do follow this guide (which I advise doing) I'd suggest disabling Windows Script Host and Powershell as Avast's hardened mode doesn't protect against malicious scripts (Avast does scan scripts though so it has the ability to detect them). You can do so via Hard_Configurator if you're uncomfortable with playing around in the registry. It's a semi-portable installation so be sure to read "installation.txt" after extracting it from the zip file as placing the folder in the wrong directory will result in help files being broken.

PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
I own a PS4 but I don't get to play it too often. Only gaming system I own sadly.

If you do decide to go with Avast and do follow this guide (which I advise doing) I'd suggest disabling Windows Script Host and Powershell as Avast's hardened mode doesn't protect against script-based malware. You can do so via Hard_Configurator if you're uncomfortable with playing around in the registry. It's a semi-portable installation so be sure to read "installation.txt" after extracting it from the zip file as placing the folder in the wrong directory will result in help files being broken.
I've also have a PS4 Do you have Rainbow Six Siege?
And I've Decided to go with Avast :)
Really good AV That I do like alot
Will follow the Guide step by a step and do what you said
Thanks alot to everyone!

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Avast is a really good AV! Very light on the system and pretty great protection. You can save money like I did, by just choosing Avast Free. It gets the job done. :)

Reactions: PCGamer

Nuno

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2016
I'd go for Emsisoft.
It's what I'm using at the moment and one of my favourites.
And I gotta confess... I'm not a big fan of avast. But just personal opinion, avast is fine.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hello mate. I will talk from experience right now since i used both softwares: a license of Avast Premier i won here at the forums and an Emsisoft IS license i bought.

I first used Avast IS. What i can say about this is that the paid version of Avast didn't offer me much more protection than the free version. Firewall wasn't that great and i ended up disabling it and using CFW. Still, it had a decent protection. Was a good choice but much worth the free version. After a few problems with Avast blocking my connection to the internet i uninstalled it and tested Emsisoft and the quality was really highlighted. To start with, it was way more lighter to the system, knowing that Avast is as well light this was lighter. I was amazed when i saw the technology that let me scan my entire SSD in a matter of seconds, without compromising the detection ratio. The Behaviour Blocker and Firewall were really really accurate and precise. But you of course know this since you used Emsisoft already.

If you're asking if it's worth to not renew EIS and pay for Avast i would say you: no, don't do that. Renew Emsisoft since it is one of the best complete and effective solutions right now.

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
Yes

Pls consider that:
- performance as detection will vary in the future
- both are great AV
- Emsi offers top protection "out of the box, very very little to tune up.....Avast needs to be configured to get higher and comparable protection.
- Avast is available as free version, of course big advantage...if you add another tool it offers what you need and for free.
- Emsi offers you 5% discount every year till you pay 40% of the original price (if memory serves).
- how risky is your "virtual" life? Are you a heavy-risky clicker? If yes, maybe Emsi can give you a little more 0-day protection with his BB, if not Avast free (tuned up) is likely enough (you can always add other free tools to cover week points in Avast or to de redundant and on the "safer, paranoid side").
- If privacy is important to you Emsi is your choice.

Sephiroth Source

Level 2
Verified
Jul 13, 2015
I would go from emsisoft to the end of the license and then I would get a free one. I have not had good experiences with Avast in the past but today it has improved greatly and is very intuitive.

Reactions: PCGamer

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.