Advice Request Avast Premier 2018 v18.5.2342 - How to Configure for Max Protection and Efficiency

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I recently installed Avast Premier 2018, and I noticed that with the Web Module installed, my browsing slowed down significantly. I tried adjusting sensitivity to Low , and unchecking SSL scanning but neither helped.

I have now removed the module, and now my browsing is a lot faster.

My question is for max protection and least intrusiveness using least ram, what modules do I actually need, and what settings should I make to each module?

Currently, I am also using Hardened Mode set to Moderate, and have checked Cybercapture.

For clarity the modules remaining that I use after removing the Web Module are: File Shield, Behavior Shield, Mail Shield, Ransomware Shield, Webcam Shield, and the Firewall. Btw, Sandbox is available if I need it.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
block most avast's telemetry using hosts
0.0.0.0 a.fortumo.com
0.0.0.0 ad.flurry.com
0.0.0.0 adlog.flurry.com
0.0.0.0 ads.flurry.com
0.0.0.0 analytics.ff.avast.com
0.0.0.0 analytics.flurry-cdn.com
0.0.0.0 api.flurry.com
0.0.0.0 api.fortumo.com
0.0.0.0 app.igodigital.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.flurry.com
0.0.0.0 data.altbeacon.org
0.0.0.0 data.flurry.com
0.0.0.0 dev.flurry.com
0.0.0.0 e.crashlytics.com
0.0.0.0 get-avast.com
0.0.0.0 googleads.g.doubleclick.net
0.0.0.0 googletagmanager.com
0.0.0.0 pagead2.googlesyndication.com
0.0.0.0 pay.fortumo.com
0.0.0.0 proton.flurry.com
0.0.0.0 stage.app.igodigital.com
0.0.0.0 v7.stats.avast.com
0.0.0.0 v7event.stats.avast.com
0.0.0.0 wutlar.fortumo.com

you can speed up web browsing speed a bit by disabling "Use intelligent stream scanning" in web shield setting menu
I admit avast web shield isn't optimized

you can speed up avast speed a bit by disabling "Use transient caching" in file shield -> advanced
add exclusion to some folders

7.PNG

here are some of my settings but it didn't reflect everything
at screenshot #6, I add some following extensions: js, jse, jsw, bat, cmd, scr, ps1, vbs, hta, vbe, wsf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.