avast! Pro Antivirus, Fake Warnings, Softonic Partnership and Free Adware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
recently MSE started to preform a little better in most tests even in our malware forum here i noticed a better signature detection.
I'm using 360IS the TS essential is not stable yet it doesnt update the other engines normally always delay a day or two.
if you dont have problem with FP and want a solid protection go with 360IS it will protect the computer better than paid AV, if not I would stay with MSE but have an image ready and a backup just in case. (its a good idea to have no matter which security u use)
Thanks, @nissimezra. I would certainly give 360 IS a try since I don't mind FPs plus you've recommended it's protection as 'solid'!:):) I may (in fact) try it when our Avast! runs out in August.:D
I don't like avast they say 230 million users trust avast to secure their stuff I don't they are supposed to be the number 1 security company and they get hacked tell me what you think about this :)
View attachment 61725
Hello @Andrew999. my thoughts on Avast!'s popularity brings to mind Google & (yes) Microsoft being likely targets for hackers too.:oops: I can also respect your personal preference as I wasn't very fond of Avast! (for a brief time) which changed back as quickly as the weather is apt to do!.:rolleyes::p
I feel @Huracan sums it up quite well, 'nothing is invincible'!;)

Last edited:

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Noticed the pop up that avast gives has a small little line that says continue to download the outdated version or something like that. I think in futures users can use that to download it?

I use avast and so far I haven't run into any problems like this.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Thanks, @nissimezra. I would certainly give 360 IS a try since I don't mind FPs plus you've recommended it's protection as 'solid'!:):) I may (in fact) try it when our Avast! runs out in August.:D

Hello @Andrew999. my thoughts on Avast!'s popularity brings to mind Google & (yes) Microsoft being likely targets for hackers too.:oops: I can also respect your personal preference as I wasn't very fond of Avast! (for a brief time) which changed back as quickly as the weather is apt to do!.:rolleyes::p
I feel @Huracan sums it up quite well, 'nothing is invincible'!;)
yep 360IS is a good choice for free AV. now the TS added a solid webfilter but the problem is that it just doesnt update the avira and BD engine, it should be good enough without avira and BD I just never had the time to test it with unknown malware
if you will need the installer of the internet security let me know I have the 5 and 4.9
cheers

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
It is disappointing to keep seeing Avast resort to unscrupulous practises and the secondary reason it's coming off the wife's computer when I put Win10 on it (there being better alternatives is the primary reason).

Remember that when you think ill of Qihoo's alleged impropriety of changing default settings for an AV test.

the problem is that it just doesnt update the avira and BD engine
I don't know what you mean; mine are updated multiple times/day and "Update components automatically" is enabled by default. My only peeve with it is that it states such in system notifications.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
It is disappointing to keep seeing Avast resort to unscrupulous practises and the secondary reason it's coming off the wife's computer when I put Win10 on it (there being better alternatives is the primary reason).

Remember that when you think ill of Qihoo's alleged impropriety of changing default settings for an AV test.

I don't know what you mean; mine are updated multiple times/day and "Update components automatically" is enabled by default. My only peeve with it is that it states such in system notifications.
Which TS version you are using? essential?

Status
Not open for further replies.