avast! Pro Antivirus, Fake Warnings, Softonic Partnership and Free Adware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Canada montreal

2014-05-24_204604.jpg

even better
2014-05-24_205603.jpg
2014-05-24_204604.jpg

Last edited:

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Would anyone be comfortable with this if it was a reputable website such as Softpedia instead of Softonic?

Or are most against the feature of an antivirus telling you that software installed on your PC is out of date?

Thanks.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It looks like MSE (Windows Defender) is the only ad-free freeware AV.
You have Avira which partnered with Uniblue and Ask Toolbar, AVG's GUI is full of ads, Panda Cloud only shows ads for its paid version and now Avast with Softonic? Even most paid AV's displays ads or come with unwanted toolbars or junkware.

I never thought Avast would do something like this but I still haven't seen any of these ad notifications, I can't figure out why.
I still believe Avast is the best freeware AV but this is not acceptable, I'm sure some users will start to move to others solutions if this continues. I still can not access Avast forum, I'm not sure what the problem is.

Thanks. :D

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
You have Avira which partnered with Uniblue and Ask Toolbar, AVG's GUI is full of ads, Panda Cloud only shows ads for its paid version and now Avast with Softonic? Even most paid AV's displays ads or come with unwanted toolbars or junkware.

I never thought Avast would do something like this but I still haven't seen any of these ad notifications, I can't figure out why.
I still believe Avast is the best freeware AV but this is not acceptable, I'm sure some users will start to move to others solutions if this continues. I still can not access Avast forum, I'm not sure what the problem is.

maybe they got hacked

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014

MSE was and still is the best free AV. avast was always the other option, better then the other freeware.
what we seen here from avast is unacceptable

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
There is no protection against hacking, if a hacker wants to hack a website then they will.

Some of the most secure websites have been hacked.

there is protection against hacking it just what happen was it is was exposit found in the severs and the hackers found it allow themselves by using that to bypass the firewall

Reactions: nissimezra

CapeBuffalo

Level 2
Verified
May 12, 2014
I realized the forum was down, and for too logn o i know something was up, i expected a ddos and not a hack (as its antivrus company its the least likely news i would expect to hear)

Reactions: nissimezra

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I've recently received the gift of an Avast Premier license from one of our lucky members whom won this coveted AV from our recent Giveaway, yet our generous member/friend already has a very good AV with the well respected name of ESET!:p
Before installing, I'll be sure to un-check "Check for newer versions..." & "Perform DeepScan", avoid Softonic, yet now I'm wondering, "Should I even be thinking about replacing MSE on 7 or Windows Defender on our 8.1 system?
*Forgive me for veering somewhat off topic.:rolleyes: ...and how about ESET?o_O

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I've recently received the gift of an Avast Premier license from one of our lucky members whom won this coveted AV from our recent Giveaway, yet our generous member/friend already has a very good AV with the well respected name of ESET!:p
Before installing, I'll be sure to un-check "Check for newer versions..." & "Perform DeepScan", avoid Softonic, yet now I'm wondering, "Should I even be thinking about replacing MSE on 7 or Windows Defender on our 8.1 system?
*Forgive me for veering somewhat off topic.:rolleyes: ...and how about ESET?o_O
recently MSE started to preform a little better in most tests even in our malware forum here i noticed a better signature detection.
I'm using 360IS the TS essential is not stable yet it doesnt update the other engines normally always delay a day or two.
if you dont have problem with FP and want a solid protection go with 360IS it will protect the computer better than paid AV, if not I would stay with MSE but have an image ready and a backup just in case. (its a good idea to have no matter which security u use)

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I don't like avast they say 230 million users trust avast to secure their stuff I don't they are supposed to be the number 1 security company and they get hacked tell me what you think about this :)
upload_2015-6-19_9-7-27.png

Status
Not open for further replies.