Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Today my Avast Internet Security has been updated to 18.4.2338

Unbenannt2.PNG

But after the reboot, a popup appeared ( although i'm a paid user and have the settings clicked to disable any ads) :mad:

Unbenannt.PNG

The first discovery in the menu was some new settings to configure the privacy:

Unbenannt3.PNG

But Point 4 and 5 was now activated by default ( ads for third-party-tools and data-sharing)...so that's not cool Avast (n)

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
i think people are overreacting
the fuss is about an update defaulting a few options that you can disable again?

Reactions: Der.Reisende

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
i think people are overreacting
the fuss is about an update defaulting a few options that you can disable again?

yes we can disable the option. but it's more...is a company trustworthy?
Can I identify with the company's basic attitude and values?

Remember..i came frome Gdata/Bullguard

Reactions: mekelek

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
yes we can disable the option. but it's more...is a company trustworthy?
I can identify with the company's basic attitude and values?

Remember..i came frome Gdata/Bullguard
what if its a bug? they added a new option, and the old config isn't parsed properly hence leaving the option enabled.
sure i sound naive, but what's the point of defaulting it on when you're able to disable it.

i mean the telemetry stuff is bad, but as shown by many people, a few filters can get rid of that
this ad stuff has an option to toggle on/off

and considering Avast properly configured is not a bad suite, at all.

but all in all, you paid good money and you're right to be mad about.
the free version users whoever has no reason to be mad..
there are better alternatives to Avast, at least paid ones.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Well i think thats fine when you got a ads after restart it so you wont see any ads again, you will see ads if you update it, its not annoying for me im good with it i restarted it i got ads one time i click button close its fine, if i see alot of ads i will uninstall it, also im a paid user (Avast Premier) i got ads like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.