• I didn't had Avast 8 installed

Votes: 52 50.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Umbra: You still don't know what you are talking about.... (That makes me mad).

Evo-gen : IS NOT A CLOUD DETECTION* ... They are signatures they are generated automatically and one of them detects THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of samples.
*http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=2193358#post2193358

FileRepMalware : These are cloud based and generated by Similarity Search you need connection to FileRep DB.

They will definitely improve BB don't worry about that ATM they are improving proactive detection and also Autosandbox detections.

I hope you'll like this version ...

D

Deleted member 178

spywar said:
Umbra: You still don't know what you are talking about.... (That makes me mad).

sorry, i know exactly what i am talking about, i didn't learn about security just yesterday... what make you mad is that i don't follow your point of view :D

You really love Avast & Comodo, i understood that, but when i select a product, i choose it based on features i feel important to me and i need; and those features were supposed to work properly.

If i was a focused on detection, i will surely be very happy about Evo-gen and the engine, they work flawlessly; but i am focused on prevention/virtualization; and those components are not fully optimized yet in Avast.

Evo-gen : IS NOT A CLOUD DETECTION* ... They are signatures they are generated automatically and one of them detects THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of samples.

It is just better detection/heuristic so nothing revolutionary! (to me)

I don't mind much about detection, since you can't detect all malwares in the world...

Detection is inferior to prevention.

They will definitely improve BB don't worry about that ATM they are improving proactive detection and also Autosandbox detections.

as you said , they will...

in general, i moderately liked v7 , i prefer v8, but i am still waiting for a better BB.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
You should test it, I am testing it since feb 1 2013 everyday so I am able to say to you how these work :

50 samples undetected by avast
almost ~30 blocked by Evo-Gen (this works only on execution because of technical things ...)
almots ~2/3 blocked by FileRepMalware
All the others samples are autosandboxed because of a low rep and some of them are detected by dynamic rules called "Dyna:".
Hopefully it helps.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Member said:
I have currently installed avast internet security 8 on windows 7 and its not creating any problem other than some slow boot (minor and unnoticeable)

Agree with OP a really buggy product :mad:
Uninstalling right now :sleepy:

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
Member said:
Member said:
I have currently installed avast internet security 8 on windows 7 and its not creating any problem other than some slow boot (minor and unnoticeable)

Agree with OP a really buggy product :mad:
Uninstalling right now :sleepy:

:lol:

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Alright Update:
Sorry for the late update but I had a Un-bootable laptop this morning.
When I turned the computer on, the avast Icon shows in the task bar However the laptop just decided to freeze.
So I had to boot into Safe Mode and run the uninstaller... However Had the same problem before, The uninstaller frooze again so thankfully, I still had the removal tool and removed it that way.

So safe to say, The laptop is bootable again.

I also had this same exact problem when the final update to program 6 was released.

avastalicious

Verified
Jan 30, 2013
Just use another antivirus solution till these instability problems get fixed. On some systems it's very stable, on others it seems to be not. Give it some time and try it again after a while. :)

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
@avastalicious : It has been said several times now ... But when you have a program used by almost 185 M OF users it's hard for it to work fine on ALL pc's ... Still, I'm sure Avast! team will fix many of these on each release.

I

illumination

It appears to be quite buggy. It is not the only suite out there to have issue's as such, especially ones involved in a big change, although systems freezing and crashing, are pretty serious, and i would not blame them for uninstalling/using something else, and voicing their disappointments.

It seems this version was released a bit prematurely.

avastalicious

Verified
Jan 30, 2013
spywar said:
@avastalicious : It has been said several times now ... But when you have a program used by almost 185 users it's hard for it to work fine on ALL pc's ... Still, I'm sure Avast! team will fix many of these on each release.

Yeah, I know. They will fix all the problems eventually. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I've only experience 1 FP, but other than that no stability issues, oh except for Streaming Updates don't work since V7 (on all several PCs).

I don't use the Pro, Suite or Premier versions, so no extra problems with the manual sandbox (which I'm unsure whether it works correctly or not) :s

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Earth said:
I've only experience 1 FP, but other than that no stability issues, oh except for Streaming Updates don't work since V7 (on all several PCs).

I don't use the Pro, Suite or Premier versions, so no extra problems with the manual sandbox (which I'm unsure whether it works correctly or not) :s
They are very fast to fix FP (you can submit from program website contact, support ticker, or over an e mail...).
Glad to hear your feedback btw :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I installed avast! 8 Free a few days ago (on another PC) and it detected the file, I checked the Avast Forum and found out that it was reported back in December 2012.

I have reported it as a FP, but will need to re-check as I have currently added the Folders relating to the Global Exclusions.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
My girlfriend and brother have both installed Avast 8 on their laptops since it was initially released . I asked them both and they didn't have any kind of issues with Avast 8 installed..... :)

I

illumination

It may be isolated to conflicts of certain software, ect.. Who knows right now.. I do hope their detection/prevention has greatly increased since the last time i tested it, a little over a year ago. I had it on a "real time" system set up at my sisters house, and would let "my nephews" use this system during the week, knowing their surf habits were extremely poor/bordering dangerous, i would see how the product would fair, and at the end of the week, running several on demands would show me Avast detection/prevention at that time, was incapable of stopping a lot of trojans and adware.. The system would become infected every time i ran this test. So needless to say, i have never been a big supporter of Avast,

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
illumination said:
It may be isolated to conflicts of certain software, ect.. Who knows right now.. I do hope their detection/prevention has greatly increased since the last time i tested it, a little over a year ago. I had it on a "real time" system set up at my sisters house, and would let "my nephews" use this system during the week, knowing their surf habits were extremely poor/bordering dangerous, i would see how the product would fair, and at the end of the week, running several on demands would show me Avast detection/prevention at that time, was incapable of stopping a lot of trojans and adware.. The system would become infected every time i ran this test. So needless to say, i have never been a big supporter of Avast,
You should test it now ... The prevention has dramatically been improved. You tested it 1 years ago ...
http://www.youtube.com/user/spywarosaurus/videos?flow=grid&view=0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lLztvGBpgI

I

illumination

spywar said:
illumination said:
You should test it now ... The prevention has dramatically been improved. You tested it 1 years ago ...
http://www.youtube.com/user/spywarosaurus/videos?flow=grid&view=0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lLztvGBpgI

I may just do that, fire up the old system, and run some real world test's, as it seems you do "without VM". I hope it has improved, the idea of providing my family with a free anti virus that will help prevent the system from infection, while being some what user friendly was why i tested it before..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.