In-depth Comparison

MegenM

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 8, 2020
Hi All,

Which one is better: Avast or AVG?

• If Avast is the one, which security product do you use or would you prefer? Premium Security or Ultimate
  • If AVG, then which product in AVG is the best to go with?

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
There seems to be little difference between the two, bit like two near identical cars in different colours, chose the colour & spec you like - Unusually I prefer the Avast interface but look but under the bonnet they are much the same - I'm using Avast Premium Security - The AVG I've used was AVG Internet Security - There are differences between the two but are small - Lightest AV solution I've tried for some time, but depends on the PC.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
VirusScope is more like a generic behavior detection module from what I see. It works in real-time. DeepScreen is a one time analysis triggered on-execution and uploads the file to the ThreatLabs if it founds anything suspicious. The rest of the behavior detection is handled by IDP.
I meant the way they run suspicious files in the sandbox. As far as I know Comodo Virus Scope only analyzes files running in the sandbox by default. I wanna know if AVG does the same with DeepSreen.

Nagisa

Level 7
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
I meant the way they run suspicious files in the sandbox. As far as I know Comodo Virus Scope only analyzes files running in the sandbox by default. I wanna know if AVG does the same with DeepSreen.
Ah, yes it does but it is a part of the whole analysis process. VirusScope is not dependent on virtualization and doesn't use it in the same function either. Auto-Containment and VS are two seperate modules of Comodo.

The only similarity is that DS captures unknown files and runs them in the sandbox.

Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.