Not open for further replies.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Which would you choose, and why?

Why Kaspersky? Well kaspersky have a very good reputation of protecting home & business pc's for years, reliability is higher than most also where i'm from i see it on home and business pc's more than any other av it is truly highly rated :) & infection wise it seems to save them yearly because when ask they said it proper money well spent:)

Last edited:

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
@Tony Cole
Since your PC is killer machine, I think there is no need to switch, especially since you already bought license for kaspersky and never feel any problems along with it. But if your license about to expired I think it's also a good idea to try Avast, avast is very good AV, low FP's, light and can be running smoothly even on low machine, and it's free (for the AV version) in my opinion..there is no need to buy the so called "Internet Security" or "Total Security" and "Extreme Security" since we can achieve that by using freewares, and does the better job. However if you doesn't feel right by using "free program" then it would be a good idea to stick with kaspersky or buy the full version of avast just to support the product :D (only if you like it of course)

[EDIT]

About which one is good, both are very good product and both can provide almost the same protection, although Kaspersky won better protection, but in terms of lightness avast won, which one I vote? well it's depends...if I have a PC like you and the money to buy..I would go for kaspersky, kaspersky is quite expensive on my country, probably the most expensive than the others, the price it's insane even just for an "Antivirus" but if my PC it's not good enough, my vote goes for avast, besides avast also give a free version of their product, it's the least I can do to support them :)

Last edited:

Thunderbold

Level 3
Verified
Apr 12, 2014
Thunderbold said:
Sonar Protection is the Best (I'm talking about Norton's Sonar Protection)
Mean no disrespect but where i'm from the only place i saw norton was on the us embassy pc's.:confused:

Yes Because They can bypass everything sorry but it's a real thing..

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Thunderbold said:
Sonar Protection is the Best (I'm talking about Norton's Sonar Protection)
Mean no disrespect but where i'm from the only place i saw norton was on the us embassy pc's.:confused:

Yes Because They can bypass everything sorry but it's a real thing..

when your testing malware packs & you want norton to work,tell it (do it for the vine)
Hear norton (no am not doing it)
do it for the vine norton (no am not doing it)
Dooo it for the vineee norton (Yes i will do it):):p:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus
R

RevolutionSphere

I tried out Kaspersky but it was too high on RAM and CPU. So its Avast for me

Last edited by a moderator:

Thunderbold

Level 3
Verified
Apr 12, 2014
when your testing malware packs & you want norton to work,tell it (do for the vine)
Hear norton (no am not doing it)
do it for the vine norton (no am not doing it)
Dooo it for the vineee norton (Yes i will do it):):p:D
Yes nothing is working correctly you need antiexploit,antilogger,system defance,registry defance but nothing is working completly

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Kaspersky has been bugging me since I installed it, yelling, "Uninstall Me!" The application takes 20 minutes to load and freezes every 30 minutes or so. I took advantage of the Bitdefender giveaway, just a spare key if I need to uninstall Kaspersky. Avast is very good too.

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
I vote for Kaspersky, however:
I've used both, I bother much with the eternity that Kaspersky starts, was not heavy on the system. I used Avast Free for 2 years, has a good detection, it may be enough for any User, especially for those who can not afford to purchase a paid antivirus like Kaspersky is.
If you can buy or have a license to use Kaspersky worth being, or as I use Eset, if you can not use Avast and be happy :)

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Kaspersky is usually better because of its professionalism and top of the line technologies. But Avast Free is also good - just look at how many users use it, ranging from beginners to experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.