AVG Antivirus BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
I've recommended that already several weeks to months ago, it was confirmed as good idea, but they've been very quiet about it so I really have no clue if they'll implement any of the requests. Not sure why avast! team is so silent and cryptic about various things they could implement, but they decide not to for whatever reason. Not sure what's going on recently, they used to be super open to suggestions and ideas. Not so much for quite a while now... :/

Something big is coming. Now, it's just a waiting game to see if its going to be phenomenal or the change we have perceived is going to be negative (Company as well as product)

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Well, I already know Software Analyzer is super effective already. I also know avast! isn't bad as it is. AVG in recen months was actually one of the best, so it surely can't get worse, if both teams will benefit each other properly, they can only improve things. I just hope they won't stagnate on cool features like Software Analyzer and that they'll try to further enhance them over time.

Reactions: Antimalware18

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Well, I already know Software Analyzer is super effective already. I also know avast! isn't bad as it is. AVG in recen months was actually one of the best, so it surely can't get worse, if both teams will benefit each other properly, they can only improve things. I just hope they won't stagnate on cool features like Software Analyzer and that they'll try to further enhance them over time.

These are things that I fear though. As much as I like avast (been using them for awhile ALMOST exclusively except for a few trial interludes here and there) I have to say there are a few features that could have been really amazing but they either stagnated on them or forgot about them or dropped them. I really don't want to see that happen with something like software analyzer.

But to clarify: what I meant with "Get worse" was how avast has been forgetting avast beta's in favor of AVG beta's (for right now) as well as seeing some of your own posts in the avast forums with good ideas that have seemingly been ignored.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

MartinZ

Level 1
Nov 15, 2016
Yeah, they probably do use Sciter - they used to use HTMLayouts however it's no longer updated (Sciter is made by the same developers); some other vendors like Symantec, ESET, Bitdefender, Comodo and Zilla use it too.

If you want I will check for you if they use it or not.

Edit: Sorry at first I was talking about Avast and then realized it was about AVG...

Hi, both programs will use CEF for the main UI. Some part still remain in HTMLayout, but the plan is to move whole UI to CEF

Reactions: Wave

MartinZ

Level 1
Nov 15, 2016
So far, it seems really confusing. There is no big difference between AVG and Avast. It's impossible but I would like to see one AV with best features from AVG and Avast.

It wouldn't make sense to make 2 identical products and just change the name.. They will have different features, prices, level of customization etc.

Anyway the main purpose - AV protection will be very similar in both products.

Reactions: Wave
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.