AVG detecting IRP Hooks that won't remove?

AkemiMoonstar

Thread author
Verified
Feb 2, 2014
My computer started having massive freezing attacks so I just did a System Restore and now I'm back. Sorry for my delayed reply.

Attachments

• Autoruns 4.png
    Autoruns 4.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 98

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Please go to the Logon Tab and remove unwanted programs from there. Please make sure you remove Skype from the Start up.

AkemiMoonstar

Thread author
Verified
Feb 2, 2014
But I use Skype. :(

So you're saying I'm not infected with anything? I still don't get this absurdly high RAM usage when it's never used that much before even while playing games.

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Your computer is not infected. Some Applications in the start up making the computer slow... Skype is on of them. Is it necessary to use Skype always ?

AkemiMoonstar

Thread author
Verified
Feb 2, 2014
Not all the time, but the ram count still doesn't drop when I close Skype or any other of the processes that take up a lot of memory.

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
We have to Turn Off all the Services also. After that we have to reboot the computer. It seems Skype is the one making this trouble.

AkemiMoonstar

Thread author
Verified
Feb 2, 2014
We have to Turn Off all the Services also. After that we have to reboot the computer. It seems Skype is the one making this trouble.

I don't doubt it. Skype is pretty well known for taking up way too much memory. I'll try uninstalling it and seeing the difference afterwards, then I'll post the results later today. :)

AkemiMoonstar

Thread author
Verified
Feb 2, 2014
2.85GB RAM usage. Not much of a difference but it seems a bit more normal. A friend of mine told me his computer was using under a gigabyte of RAM to operate his computer, though. And his computer is nothing compared to mine. That's why I'm so confused. e-e

However, he uses his communications (like Skype) on a second computer so I guess that contributes to his light memory usage.

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Skype will take little more Memory. The solution for it it Exit the Skype if we are not using it. Remove it from the Start Up.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.