AVG PC Analyzer vs others, can it be trusted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woomera

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
i have avg installed on a system along with ccleaner, cleanmypc, wise registry cleaner and comodo system utilities. (for testing purposes)

the result from registry scanner on each app are:
-pc analyzer = 1,099
-wise registry cleaner = 21
-ccleaner = 75
-comodo system cleaner = 220 (in-depth)
-cleanmypc = 81

now my question is avg pc analyzer have found a significantly higher number of entries but can it really be trusted? wont it just make the system unbootable? are these really unnecessary entries?

are there any reviews of the pc analyzer?
any comments are welcome.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I cannot comment for AVG PC Analyzer, CCleaner is likely to be the safe one thus not gave aggressive results as registry cleaners.

Handling with registry cleaners needs a precautionary measures on it.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Actually AVG PC Analyzer (Full version = AVG PC TuneUp) is a duplicate of Auslogics BoostSpeed, it has the same features except the name. :p
Using a Registry Cleaner is dangerous, but it's up to you if you want to try it. Just create a backup of your files (if any) and create a restore point. I never had a problem with Auslogics BoostSpeed.

We can say that AVG PC Analyzer is an ad for AVG PC TuneUp.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
We can say that AVG PC Analyzer is an ad for AVG PC TuneUp.

The results found are fake they try to get you to buy AVG PC TuneUp, kind of like a scam.

Stick to CCleaner, it is safe to use and doesn't delete things that will cause system problems.

Thanks.:D

woomera

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
thank you all for the replies, it shed some light on my confusion with this utility.

shellyrose

Sep 3, 2013
I installed RegZooka and now I'm getting a config window CLMLSc.exe - No Disk. I did have a terrabyte drive attached, but disconnected it and rebooted and am still getting same config window. Could these two events be related?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
shellyrose said:
I installed RegZooka and now I'm getting a config window CLMLSc.exe - No Disk. I did have a terrabyte drive attached, but disconnected it and rebooted and am still getting same config window. Could these two events be related?

RegZooka is a known scam, uninstall it.

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6122_102-541753/regzooka-fraud/

http://www.scamexposure.com/scam-report/zookaware-com-spyzooka-spyzooka-regzooka-cyberbackup-1918-c62151.html

Beware the company pays for fake positive reviews of their products the web is full of these fake reviews.

Enjoy!! :D

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Registry cleaners are useless, stick with ccleaner and you'll be fine like LB said

S

starchild76

the only two regcleaners to be trusted , who don't dig deep into the systems registry are ccleaner and wise registry cleaner. a nice bonus to wise's registry cleaner that it automatically cleanes the enteries it conciders safe to be cleaned and it leaves the suspicious enteries for the user to clean ( these are unchecked for cleaning and pointed out with an exclamation-mark in the results.... ) the rest is to agressive and definately will screw up your system sooner or later!

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
starchild76 said:
the only two regcleaners to be trusted , who don't dig deep into the systems registry are ccleaner and wise registry cleaner. a nice bonus to wise's registry cleaner that it automatically cleanes the enteries it conciders safe to be cleaned and it leaves the suspicious enteries for the user to clean ( these are unchecked for cleaning and pointed out with an exclamation-mark in the results.... ) the rest is to agressive and definately will screw up your system sooner or later!

Ccleaner and Auslogics are the 2 safest, but I still wouldn't use them

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I trust Cleaners, not Analysers.

Analysers are all talk, Cleaners take action. ;)

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
CCleaner is enough. No need to add analyzers, registry cleaners, etc.

PS. Has anyone tried System Ninja?

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
I am using privazer & ccleaner both works well.Specially privazer works very good it make my system light compare to ccleaner in default setting,may be it is aggresive but after using more than 10 times i feel no problem at all :)

WalterWolf

Level 3
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
King Mellow said:

I used System Ninja few months ago it's okey software,very fast.

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
WalterWolf said:
King Mellow said:

I used System Ninja few months ago it's okey software,very fast.

I'll give it a try. :) Thanks man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.