Status
Not open for further replies.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Hello everyone,

I need to choose between AVG PC TuneUp 2015 (14.99$) and Auslogics BoostSpeed 7 (19.95$). The prices are from downloadcrew.

Personally, I am more inclined towards BoostSpeed because it gives a full 1-year license, whereas, PC TuneUp 2015 can't be upgraded (to the next product version) for free. So basically, that's a big downside for me. Also, TuneUp looks the same every year in terms of looks and features. Nothing major has changed (correct me, if I am wrong).

On the other hand, I have no personal experience with BoostSpeed. But, it does look impressive from what I have seen and read about it.

So, do you think BoostSpeed is better than TU 2015 or vice versa?

Need suggestions!

Thank you!

Last edited:
S

starchild76

auslogics boostspeed , does what it promisses improves your pc speed and stability , just leave the registry cleaner alone ( ccleaner one is the most safest registry cleaner ) AVG well thats snakeoil , placebo.....virtually does nothing , accept adding a bunch of unnesecary services and munching away at your ram. program deactivator is the only usefull tool of tuneup imho

Reactions: Kent and SherKaan

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
auslogics boostspeed , does what it promisses improves your pc speed and stability , just leave the registry cleaner alone ( ccleaner one is the most safest registry cleaner ) AVG well thats snakeoil , placebo.....virtually does nothing , accept adding a bunch of unnesecary services and munching away at your ram. program deactivator is the only usefull tool of tuneup imho

You mean to say that the registry cleaner function of BoostSpeed isn't safe to use?

S

starchild76

You mean to say that the registry cleaner function of BoostSpeed isn't safe to use?

it is fairly safe , in factory mode , but ccleaner one has zero false positives. just be extra carefull when your pc's registry is concerned. boostspeed is an amazing program , worth each buck! ;)

Reactions: SherKaan

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
It does have a big problem though with the limit of activation attempts. Once that limit is reached, the key doesn't work anymore. I am getting more confused now.

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
@Sher
I would suggest NOT to go with both as u don't need an OPTIMIzING program running in background and Technically doin the same job done by 2-3 free tools
just give them a shot , if u don't like then u may buy it!!all upon u

especially Tune-up sucks up ur Resources

I would suggest u to use a combination of free utilities which are much more powerful than this all in one suits that really useless
what i use
Ccleaner(free)+Ccenhancer(add-on) very very poweful combination
wise care 355 free for futher cleaning
Auslogics disk defrag free portable(best of alll i've ever seen)

ALSO IF U R LOOKING FOR PAID ONE JUST CONSIDER THIS ONE >>>> YAMICSOFT

if u want to config all these on ur sys then i can help u on TeamViewer

Regards

S

starchild76

yamicsoft can mess up your system badly , stay away from it. but like kantry123 said wisecare , ccleaner in combination with privazer and auslogics disk defrag free and auslogics registry defrag free is a superb free combo!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I will go for Auslogics bootspeed since its was developed fully as maintenance tool, caused for AVG is made a rebranded from original developer.

However still unsure on other features because the sensitivity of algorithm may varies on others.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Thank you all for your valuable inputs!

I am using both CCleaner and PrivaZer already. For defragmentation, I have used Auslogics Disk Defrag (free) for a long time, along with its Registry Cleaner (free). I also own a license of Wise Care 365 Pro, but I am not so too sure about the effectiveness and reliability of its registry cleaning feature - which is the most important and critical aspect of system stability.

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Thank you all for your valuable tips.

I am using both CCleaner and PrivaZer already. For defragmentation, I have used Auslogics Disk Defrag (free) for a long time, along with its Registry Cleaner (free). I also own a license of Wise Care 365 Pro, but I am not so too sure about its registry cleaning feature - which is the most important and critical aspect of system stability.
People are discouraging YAMICSOFT but it has a really powerful registry cleaner!!
TRY the trial ONE but don't play anything unusual which u don't know
apart from that it has a very powerful registry defrag too

ANYWAYS enjoy
regards

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Thank you all for your valuable inputs!

I am using both CCleaner and PrivaZer already. For defragmentation, I have used Auslogics Disk Defrag (free) for a long time, along with its Registry Cleaner (free). I also own a license of Wise Care 365 Pro, but I am not so too sure about the effectiveness and reliability of its registry cleaning feature - which is the most important and critical aspect of system stability.
You are more than ok with this tools and from my experience CCleaner is enough by itself.
As for other 2 you mention that you are considering to buy i used both and here is my experience with them.
AVG does a good job but as mentioned before it uses many resources while scanning and cleaning and if you want to keep using your system it will be most of the time unresponsive:(. But as a cleaning utility it's good;).
Auslogics i am never going to use it:mad::(. It's a good cleaning program but why use it when factory settings deleted all my restore points and also changed the restore point settings and i couldn't even do a restore point manually:eek::confused::mad:?
It took me many days to bring restore point settings:cool: where it should be and to answer any question enabling again Shadow Volume isn't enough to do a restore point.
So my conclusion is that you should stick with CCleaner and/or Wise Care free both are very good.
I hope i have helped:)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I am only going to say to use a tool that notifies you what it's going to do. Do not, evAr click "Scan" and after it finishes click "Optimize" or whatever, before you see what the program is going to do with your system. What files it will delete, what services is going to disable, what registry keys its going to delete, what system settings its going to change...
Program that doesn't show you what it is going to do, is not safe to use.
Auslogics is better than AVG (TuneUp Utilities) in my opinion.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I have decided to stick with CCleaner, Privazer, Auslogics Disk Defrag, and Auslogics Registry Defrag for now. I think they are more than enough to do the job. For registry cleaning, I'll now use CCleaner (thanks to @starchild76 ).

Rogue987

Level 3
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
I wouldn't suggest neither, you should just go with Glary Utilities.

Its 100% safe to use and all features work perfect.

Reactions: Kent

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
Based on my own experience (trough testing). Every program is tested on the same machine that is considered as high end pc:

CCleaner Pro 5 ***** (no one ever needs anything more than this to keep the system in good condition. First place.)
(AVG) TuneUP Utilities **** (includes a nice reg editor. Third place on my list)
System Mechanic 14.5 ***** (in my own opinion the best system optimizer on the market - 14.5 - First place.)
Wise Care 365 Pro **** (a rising star that gets a lots of updates. Needs some work.)
Ashampoo Winoptimizer 11 **** (very interesting program)
AusLogic Boostspeer 7 **** (good program)
Avira System Speedup ** (needs a lot of work)

There is no point to hold a grudge against one piece of software and to glorify some other. There are variations among them but almost all are safe enough for daily use even for 'noobs'.
If you want to find out the one that best suits you and your system, test them.

M

MalwareT

From my personal experience as computer techinican, i always recommend to use CCleaner. CCleaner has all tools in one product and it's free. If you want "All In One" i'd recommend:

Glary Utilities
Ashampoo WinOptimizer
WISE Care 365

I would avoid others. I don't recommend to use Glary on 8.1 because it makes metro apps corrupted (see my thread "Metro Apps not working" ).

Reactions: tonibalas and Moose

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
Based on my own experience (trough testing). Every program is tested on the same machine that is considered as high end pc:

CCleaner Pro 5 ***** (no one ever needs anything more than this to keep the system in good condition. First place.)
(AVG) TuneUP Utilities **** (includes a nice reg editor. Third place on my list)
System Mechanic 14.5 ***** (in my own opinion the best system optimizer on the market - 14.5 - First place.)
Wise Care 365 Pro **** (a rising star that gets a lots of updates. Needs some work.)
Ashampoo Winoptimizer 11 **** (very interesting program)
AusLogic Boostspeer 7 **** (good program)
Avira System Speedup ** (needs a lot of work)

There is no point to hold a grudge against one piece of software and to glorify some other. There are variations among them but almost all are safe enough for daily use even for 'noobs'.
If you want to find out the one that best suits you and your system, test them.

What do you think about Kerish Doctor 2015?

Reactions: tonibalas
S

Smith83

Disable all startups with ccleaner, except antivirus.
Disable scheduled task with autoruns, none are really needed unless related to antivirus.
Run toolwhiz smart defrag.
Never use any registry cleaner, not gonna help anyway.
Regular scans with jrt and adware cleaner
Run a chkdsk /r once a week, while you sleep.
Remove phantom usb drivers with this tool. http://www.uwe-sieber.de/files/drivecleanup.zip
Disable windows defender, also see this for un-needed services. http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/
Also download and run system ninja and wipe by privacy root.
Run this nice little program http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/simple_system_tweaker.html
Also for internet disable ipv6 and remove your tunnel adapters, you can see here. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852
Also use a dns server that it correct for your area. https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm
If you have switched antivirus then always run the removal tool for previous http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146

There is your tuneup, you do it all manually, it will be better than any of those so called optimize tools. A bit of work to do but anyone who does the above will notice a huge diff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.