Status
Not open for further replies.

GabiCRX

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
Big news !
Avira 12 beta test has started. You need to register !
There are some problems with the certificate.To download the beta antivirus i recomand IE !
Who has the courage to participate ?
http://betacenter.avira.com

D

Deleted member 178

Why not you? :D (personnaly i lost my trust on Avira few years ago)

GabiCRX

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Why not you? :D (personnaly i lost my trust on Avira few years ago)

I have 512 RAM, 40 Gb memory and i can not afford to install Wmware or virtualbox !

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Surely they will add new features however its like a little chance they will remove the webguard which bundled in the toolbar in the free version.

GabiCRX

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
Surely they will add new components, but certainly not cloud, not in this version !

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Subscribed to be a beta tester for Avira 12 > Avira gave me the "GO" > I've started my browser > Loaded up http://betacenter.avira.com/en/downloads .... and seen this :

[attachment=703]

Their is only a beta testing stage for Avira build 10.2 ......I even downloaded and installed this build and it's the 2011 one :p
I can't seem to find any Avira 12 build for download/news .

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    46.5 KB · Views: 773

GabiCRX

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
Jack said:
Subscribed to be a beta tester for Avira 12 > Avira gave me the "GO" > I've started my browser > Loaded up http://betacenter.avira.com/en/downloads .... and seen this :

Their is only a beta testing stage for Avira build 10.2 ......I even downloaded and installed this build and it's the 2011 one :p
I can't seem to find any Avira 12 build for download/news .

Sorry, is my fault !
When i saw the news on facebook with the Avira beta testing, I initially thought that it refers to Avira 12!
sorry again

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
No problem :p ... Will wait for the next big release and test it.. but I don't think it will be build no. 12.........right now Avira it's at build 10. ....so logically the next one should be 11.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well as Jack said, since my account was approved, it was straight only through version 10 products.

Forum are now in a new look and the topic are related to SP2 of Avira 10.

GabiCRX

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
Jack said:
No problem :p ... Will wait for the next big release and test it.. but I don't think it will be build no. 12.........right now Avira it's at build 10. ....so logically the next one should be 11.

They will skip version 11 and will launch version 12 in late September.
Rumors say that, except the release date for Avira12, which is for real !

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Your correct, its like I saw this on Avira forum (As far as I know) before about the Avira 12 and many users want to forward from this new version.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
GabiCRX said:
Jack said:

Didn't know that...If they will launch Avira 12 in September 2011, when they'll have the time to test it aka. fix the bugs??
skipping a build no. , its a good marketing idea... build 12....as in 2012... you know build=year. :p

GabiCRX

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
Jack said:
GabiCRX said:
Jack said:

Didn't know that...If they will launch Avira 12 in September 2011, when they'll have the time to test it aka. fix the bugs??
skipping a build no. , its a good marketing idea... build 12....as in 2012... you know build=year. :p

I do not know if they will launch the beta version or final version.
For more info i will need to appeal to my "secret agent".:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Quote by Avira on the facebook about the releasing of Avira 12.

October 4 in English and German, other languages will follow soon.

Link when you scroll down it, you will find How to register AV12?.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well I hope that after this update the GUI looks better, because I think that the interface at the moment is pretty lame.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes, from their SP2 Avira 10 the only they change was webguard block interface to make it clearer.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
You got my hopes up GabiCRX was about to get testing but guess not. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.