Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
And now...Avira 12 is ready for beta testing.The beta test will take place from Friday, August 26, 2011 to Thursday, September 29, 2011.

Here is the email that Avira has sent to me :

We would like to invite you to take part in the beta test for Version 2012 - de/en.

Here are the details:

Tested products:
AV12 Premium 12.0.0.801 (DE) - sfx
AV12 Premium 12.0.0.801 (DE) - zip
AV12 Premium 12.0.0.801 (EN) - sfx
AV12 Premium 12.0.0.801 (EN) - zip

Tested languages:
English
Deutsch

The following changes have been made:
Changelog-Version-2012

The beta test will take place from Friday, August 26, 2011 to Thursday, September 29, 2011.
Please visit the following link to learn more and confirm your participation:
- link

We are grateful for your participation in the Avira Beta Center. Your feedback helps us develop the most effective security available!

Kind regards,
Avira Userland QA

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 789

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I'm trying to install Avira Antivirus Premium 2012 on my VM ... and got this message
[attachment=806]
Usually MBAM is the one that is listed as incompatible....I was really surprised to see Hitman Pro...:p

Other details : Avira Antivirus Premium 2012 download size : 63.9 MB

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    250.5 KB · Views: 753

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Issues from AV12 since the forum cannot be access by guest only.

99eag6.jpg

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Avira Antivirus Premium 2012 BETA has some major bugs :

1.I've installed Avira Antivirus Premium 2012 on my system (Win 7 32bit) and on a virtual machine (XP 32bit) and I've got this error.

7vzKV.png

After this error.. Avira will close itself and the user will have to start the program manually.
I've reported this problem , and there are several other reports on this issue.

2.Another problem that I've encountered is on the Updates. When trying to update the definitions , I get a error.

VDJdb.png

3.The Backup and Firewall features are disabled by default. So yes this is a product it's in a very early beta stage. See screenshots

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems its like Avira 12 will bring more improvements from the components, from screenshots probably there is no major feature was added.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
According to the changelog, Avira team will focused for 2012 version with 3 pillars.

2w72zrd.jpg

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Once you registered, they will approve the information first before it will appear the download link on the download section. Just wait like 1-3 days or it depends and it will appear on your download section.

Lindows

Aug 19, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Once you registered, they will approve the information first before it will appear the download link on the download section. Just wait like 1-3 days or it depends and it will appear on your download section.

Yes I now got registered, So ill be testing soon.........

windowsdefender

Aug 31, 2011
I am done check out this thread http://saf.li/87SNB . I had to reinstalll W7 because when I tried to switch back to AVG it gave me a BSOD and cut off my LAN. Also someone I know on Wilders had this problem too.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
windowsdefender said:
I am done check out this thread http://saf.li/87SNB . I had to reinstalll W7 because when I tried to switch back to AVG it gave me a BSOD and cut off my LAN. Also someone I know on Wilders had this problem too.
Did you try going into Safe Mode and uninstall Avira to see if that will help?
I'm only using Avira 12 inside a VM ,as you've also noticed the 2012 version has some major bugs, worthy of the BETA tag ( I wonder how Symantec always manages to release clean beta products:)).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Wonder if those bugs were fixed on that new build since I cannot find such an information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.