Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Avira has released their 2012 products, after only 1 month of BETA Testing.

Here is what Avira is offering for the 2012 version :

Simple, Smart, Strong: Avira Announces Anti-Virus Software Version 2012

Award Winning Security Software which takes the complexity out of security; Out-Smarts Malware That Evades Others

Tettnang, Germany, October 4, 2011 – IT security expert Avira today announced the arrival of Version 2012 of its world-famous antivirus computer security software. The focus of Avira’s 2012 software product line is giving consumers, micro and small businesses more security protection while removing the complexity typically associated with Internet security.

Avira’s security software protects more than 100 million people around the world by detecting and removing the latest malware; shielding customers from viruses, worms, rootkits, botnets, identity theft scams and other threats on the Internet. Version 2012’s measurable improvements include an improved user interface and installation process, more automation in the detection and removal of malware, improved usage of system resources, and an even better detection of the latest and unknown threats.

“Our guiding philosophy in the design of our 2012 security software was ‘less is more’ – by which we give consumers, micro and small businesses more security protection with less manual configurations and decisions to make,” said Sorin Mustaca, product manager and data security expert at Avira. “In addition to overhauling our code, increasing speed and reducing complexity, we’ve taken on more ownership for automating security settings and resolving software conflicts to install easily and keep our users safe from tricky malware.”

Product Highlights:

More intuitive User Interfaces – A cleaner, more modern screen design with options organized by function, and a streamlined 2-click install process and automatic resolution of software conflicts during installation. Avira’s software was designed with default configurations to make installation easier, to keep the user safer, and to take the guesswork out of remaining secure. Also, users will discover that many components have been renamed so that every consumer can understand their function without reading the documentation. And best of all, a one-click “Fix Problems” button to solve any issues that might endanger users’ computers.

Smarter Code – Avira software has even further increased detection rates by out-witting malware that hides from ordinary antivirus software. New detection mechanisms find rogue code that hides even deep in the operating system.

Stronger Detection – All components have been fortified in order to better resist malware attacks that target antivirus software specifically. This fortification includes the ability for Avira software to function without many registry keys, better resistance against process termination and component deletion, and many other malware counter-measures.

In addition to a simpler interface, smarter code, and stronger detection, Avira 2012 also focuses on support by adding Live Customer Support for all premium products. If users run into any problems, they can connect directly with a technical support engineer who will fix the problems in real time over the Internet using Avira’s new Team Viewer feature.

Lastly, running two security solutions in parallel can have negative consequences on the stability of the PC and the overall experience with newly installed software. So in order to make the transition to the Avira products version 2012 as easy and painless as possible, automatic detection and removal of potentially incompatible software has been added in all installation programs. No worries, it is possible to select what 3rd party solutions to keep.

Pricing and Availability
Avira’s 2012 line up of antivirus security software is available now localized for English and German languages. French, Japanese, Chinese and other localizations will be available in the first quarter of 2012. Retail pricing is:

Avira Free Antivirus – FREE
Avira Antivirus Premium 2012 (formerly Avira AntiVir Premium) – 19,95 €
Avira Internet Security 2012 (formerly Avira Premium Security Suite) – 39,95 €
Avira Professional Security (formerly called Avira AntiVir Professional) – 26,30 € plus VAT
Avira Server Security (formerly called Avira AntiVir Server) – 269,00 € plus VAT

Download Avira 2012 :

You can download a Avira 2012 product from here.

Related video :

Last edited:

GabiCRX

Level 8
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
Avira is the best antivirus i ever tried, but i will not install again because it slows down the internet !

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Have there been any features passed down from the paid to free version?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I might try it in the future use.

Probably features were relatively same limitations and nothing was passed down for paid version.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
According to the written blog in Computelogy.

At last, Avira has listened the feedback and has done really big changes in Avira Free AntiVirus behavior with user. If you have used Avira Free AV previously, you were forced to install adware ASK Toolbar. There was no way to skip this scary toolbar. But now the things are changed. The first thing you will notice during installation that Avira makes you master to decide the installation of ASK Toolbar. You want to install it or not , your decision. The other thing is you will not see big naggign banner reminding you , every now and then, to buy Avira AntiVir Pro or Avira Internet Security. But you will still see small message windows enrouraging you to buy Avira Pro products.

Link

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Avira Security Suite 2012 - Free for 180 days

suite_box_trans.png

The new Avira Internet Security 2012 protects you in a comprehensive way against the dangers from the Internet. It offers you numerous advantages from the Avira Antivirus Premium 2012. The Suite has an extra FireWall as well as an AntiSpam and a backup function in addition to the award-winning virus protection.
New: AntiVirProActiv, GenericRepair, improved ParentalControl and ExpressInstallation.

Fill out the form on the promotional page and get Avira Security Suite 180 days for FREE.

Promotional Page

Enjoy!! :)

D

Deleted member 178

still have doubt about it, but let the MT testers do the job, wait and see.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its like Avira Promo as become a standard to have 6 months which is not hassle to received a key.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Running Avira Free Antivirus 2012. It feels light. It wakes out of Sleep mode quicker than my previous AV (Panda Cloud). No nag screen. +1 for Avira. :D

The only issue I have is not understanding how it handles found threats. :s

Also I now understand why the download was ~80MB. :lol:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yep, especially in guard since its like double checking to make sure the threat was fully cleaned.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
i'm using it i find it to be lighter than norton internet security suite!its great avira has great detection i guess they are back on the right track :)

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I used to use Avira but I am pretty impressed with Avast. It would be hard to get me to go back.

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
ZOU1 said:
I used to use Avira but I am pretty impressed with Avast. It would be hard to get me to go back.

I have the same sentiment exactly. For quite a while the red umbrella served me well and I was happy with its speed, minimal impact and very high detection rates. But the free edition I was using was never as complete and focused on additional protection features as Avast, although one can argue that was because of Avast's deficiency in outright detection capabilities.

It seems Avira are getting back in the picture, slowly clawing back our trust and confidence, which just a few months ago they looked almost intent on disregarding. Or maybe they were never out, it was just our reaction on a perception of a company that for a while seemed to have lost its vision, will and technological ability...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.