6. The new SearchFree toolbar
7. Web Safety Advisor
8. Browser Tracking Blocker
9. Improvements in the Avira Free Antivirus
10. Usability improvements in the Fast Activation Tool
11. Network folders scanning
12. GUI changes
Download Link
Source: http://www.avira.com/files/support/FAQ_KB/EN/releaseinfo_avira_version2013_en.pdf

Z

ZeroDay

Avira 2013 Released

Avira Version 2013: Moving from System to User Security

Avira version 2013: The First Release, Moving Avira from System to User Security

This release starts the transition toward a user centric view of the security. We start protecting also user’s social networks and we emphasize the importance of the parental control for protecting the children from online dangers.

Source

D

Deleted member 178

i wish to know its impact on the system (cpu usage, RAM, responsiveness, etc...)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Downloading it now to give it a test drive. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is the Notifier the advert pop-up that appears after an update?

Improvements in the Avira Free Antivirus:
• Update frequency every six hours
• No Notifier if the user installs the toolbar

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Can you upgrade to Avira IS 2013 version if you have the Avira IS 2012 version (license up to October 2013)..?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
They have caught on to what Trend and I think others have done. You have to uninstall Malwarebytes first.

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Can you upgrade to Avira IS 2013 version if you have the Avira IS 2012 version (license up to October 2013)..?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
jasonX said:

First I don't think there is any point of saying it again and for two I have no idea. :)

Z

ZeroDay

jasonX said:

I'd do a fresh install it's good practice.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Earth said:
Is the Notifier the advert pop-up that appears after an update?

Improvements in the Avira Free Antivirus:
• Update frequency every six hours
• No Notifier if the user installs the toolbar

That's good news if you install the toolbar you won't get any adverts.
So just install the toolbar then go to your browser settings and disable it if you don't want it.

If is very easy to disable toolbars on all browsers.

Thanks.:D

D

Deleted member 178

Enjoy the read :D

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2121847&postcount=62

A) Website Safety Advisor
This isn't from Avira but from CallingID - a company from Israel that isn't even compliant with EU Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC). See http://www.callingid.com/privacy.aspx. Since customer aren't informed that their privacy isn't handeld in accordance with European laws Avira at least should warn their users. I don't see this as a saftey feature, but a risk! It'll be interessting to learn what Germanys State Commissioner for Data Protection thinks about this....

B) Browser Tracking Blocker
This is also not from Avira but from Abine. When installed the DoNotTrack-Service starts an executable that is excluded within the Avira firewall. It is communicating over the internet all the time. I couldn't find any information within their privacy policy what data is transfered. So again perhaps more risk than saftey...

C) Enhanced Child Protection
Where are the advantages compared to the previous version? I don't see any change...

D) Protection Cloud
By default this is used once a week (within Quick Scan according to the online help). So in the best case it tells me that I got infected instead of protecting me against getting infected. Why is there no check on execute?

E) Security for Android
Where is the point to offer this within the GUI of a Windows product -all the time. Maybe they should offer a link to http://www.amazon.com/Sex-Teens-Unce...rds=safety+sex also? - it is said to be related to saftey also...

F) Social Network Protection
No time to check this so far - I've no FB account so far....

G) Experts Market
Looks somehow like an early alpha. Just try to register as an expert or try to get help. Didn't they advertise something different (http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/none/...-you-get-help).

No 64Bit ProActiv, no support for Windows 8, no real new (useful) features that are from Avira and finished. My conclusion: marketing

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
if the above points are true then 2013 version is just marketing gimmick from Avira....

D

Deleted member 178

Most of the new features are useless gadgets for us but cool things for the common users.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
^^Avira 2013 Free GUI is looks somewhat same as 2012, nothing changed :(

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
jasonX said:

The 2012 license can be used for this new version but the System SpedUp is not included. See HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.