Not open for further replies.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
but...

Well. If they are the oldest in business, it won't help if they can't build a real BB.
Lol! They have made an attempt but results were worst ..all the users were effected by drastic fp's..I don't support them ..
But at least I don't hate them..since we can pair it with free solid hips to lock the pc

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

These days, McAfee is pretty acceptable and dirt cheap. Unlimited devices for $24 a year cheap. With McAfee's new focus on detection and some new technology. It's cheaper, and better than Avira. Not that I would use McAfee, I am just saying - Avira isn't even in the third tier anymore.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Could be a NDA when running beta versions of Avira Antivirus for Windows.
Like they are crafting something very serious in their secret BETA basement that nobody is allowed to ever find out while implementing false sense of security graphical design elements to make user more confident that they are protected. There's a saying in my language: "Dog knows what he has eaten."

Last edited by a moderator:

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
new features with the new version
avira.PNG

CHANGELOG

Reactions: stefanos

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
AVIRA really needs to get their ##### together and update their ugly clumsy archaic interface already. Jesus it has been basically the same ever since they were still called H+BEDV back in late 2000's and they downloaded entire database on every update...

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

AVIRA really needs to get their [edited] together and update their ugly clumsy archaic interface already. Jesus it has been basically the same ever since they were still called H+BEDV back in late 2000's and they downloaded entire database on every update...
Careful, they are monitoring all Avira threads on MT, they might come after you if you say something bad (truth) about them. They don't care about users or their feedback. All they focus on is next-gen Machine Learning.. I mean new signature engine updates.

E

Eddie Morra

I don't like the Avira UI - it makes me feel sick because it reminds me of the old McAfee, which another member here has said before - and I think that it is bloated. The paid services are over-priced compared to some other vendors as well.

EDIT: Specified that I was referring to the old version of McAfee.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Careful, they are monitoring all Avira threads on MT, they might come after you if you say something bad (truth) about them. They don't care about users or their feedback. All they focus on is next-gen Machine Learning.. I mean new signature engine updates.
I have one positive idea for AVIRA..
Instead spending money on those tests and results..flagging those on customer heads , they atleast can borrow BB from other vendors
which still is very respectable ..or completely re engineer the product right from the scratch such as firewall , BB, Better UI, Automated response of modules

This is from an avira guy who liked it years ago..in the coming next 5 years if they still don't change their way ..probably the company may shut down ..which is a disaster:(

Reactions: ZeroDay

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I kinda liked their new refreshed interface. Until I got a detection popup with that WindowsXP looking thing. Needless to say I uninstalled it in next 5 seconds...

Reactions: amico81
L

Local Host

Avira didn't improve with times like the rest, it was a solid product a few years ago but it can no longer compete with the others.

Avira will fail to protect you against 0-days and unknown malware, which is a threat everyone faces nowadays.

Their signatures are still solid, but not enough in 2018.

Reactions: ZeroDay
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.