Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
Our new design:
Being smart never looked so good

Simple. Intuitive. Attractive. Our new design helps you wield the power of next-gen technologies with the push of a button.

av_free_screen.png

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Happy to receive your feedback! Which modules would you love to see in a security product beside of Antivirus?
HIPS
Anti.Ransomware
Behaviour Blocker
Network Protect
Webcam Protection
Vulnerabity Scan

Please get rid of the Avira Center interface. A single interface with all the modules is what users want. Most of us are staying away from Avira because of the aforementioned bloatwared interface.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Happy to receive your feedback! Which modules would you love to see in a security product beside of Antivirus?
Why so hurry to release new UI when it's unfinished? It's almost like Alpha release. Some settings cannot even be found, and the "old style" notifications? :cautious:

Not even talking about new modules/features what I would like to see in Avira products, because that's just user feedback and whatever is suggested, like Behaviour Blocker, will take another few years for Avira to implement. Some developers listen to user suggestions how to improve the security products, some just grow user base by attracting them with Driver Updaters/Tuneup Utilities :D

Last edited by a moderator:

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
@MWTHelper Thank you for replying(y)
For me a good behavioral blocker is necessary in your product to deal with malwares,and especially against ransomwares.Avira has great signatures. Zero-day protection on the other side is weak. Added to that, i would add something like a 'Folder Shield' to prevent malwares to access sensitive data.
Please work on performance a bit to make the product smooth and fast.

@RoboMan Has some very good suggestions.(y)

Also it would be nice to see the guys of Avira more active and present on the forum,and giving infos and answering questions:)
Thank you @MWTHelper

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Well, better than the old gui.But with Avira, my biggest concern is the bloat that comes with the product:unsure:
Well, you can choose , which version to download and the setup asks as well, you can skip all.

capture_09262017_164102.jpg capture_09262017_163206.jpg

Umm, the new GUI seems to be just to appease basic users, because if you go to advanced settings, the ugly one is still there. :p
capture_09262017_163428.jpg capture_09262017_165224.jpg

Simple. Intuitive. Attractive. Our new design helps you wield the power of next-gen technologies with the push of a button.
That is exactly, what it looks like to me, designed for mobile phones, but not for Windows 10. GUI is like somewhere between Vista and 7.

Re-EDIT: The scan froze, I guess my Windows does not like the new GUI either. The scan has finished, but it is still frozen. :(
capture_09262017_170142.jpg

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Well, you can choose , which version to download and the setup asks as well, you can skip all.

View attachment 168189 View attachment 168190

Umm, the new GUI seems to be just to appease basic users, because if you go to advanced settings, the ugly one is still there. :p
View attachment 168191 View attachment 168192

That is exactly, what it looks like to me, designed for mobile phones, but not for Windows 10. GUI is like somewhere between Vista and 7.

Re-EDIT: The scan froze, I guess my Windows does not like the new GUI either. The scan has finished, but it is still frozen. :(
View attachment 168194

Lame and sloppy.. Skipping it.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Well, i think Avira will bring continous updates to UI, for example in latest beta build: 15.0.32.6, they have added the license manager back into the product, and it will be accessible through the help (?) icon on the top right and updated icons in several places. The good thing is that they are polishing new UI. The thing I am saying is they released it too early. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.