SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Bet it's easy to figure out a gui when you just steal windows defender gui and make it a bit more fancy. At least they found a way to move from that terrible cluttered gui they used to have to a decent cluttered gui they now have.

dhul.karnain

Level 2
Verified
May 21, 2013
From the linked article:
"Configuration & Scanner will still show up in its current style."

lol, the Luke Filewalker scan screen lives on, basically unchanged for the last 10, 15 years, if not more.
putting lipstick on a pig comes to mind..

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
you just re-affirmed my point & also contradicted your own wisdom : " fully functioning " " atleast close to it "

FREE never was & never will be FULL unless there is a catch known as data mining which probably never crossed your mind.

as for kaspersky they needed some guinea pigs for R&D, thousands of freeloaders are way better than a few hundred beta tasters.

seriously? i pay for the product i use. it is my money funding the company. i bear the cost of the parasites a.k.a. freeloaders & i am selfish?

Data mining is not something that's only restricted to the free versions. If that was someone's thought all along, it's pretty wrong. They do these to improve the experience of their product.

Magnic

Level 1
Dec 9, 2016
Is there a way to change the interface back? New one is so laggy that i can't do anything. Not to mention it's ugly like the most of "modern" UI which doesn't add anything except more resource usage. If not then i need to change my antivirus... again.

Reactions: davetenay

Yoda

Level 3
Verified
Jul 26, 2017
Just switched on my PC and found the new interface installed. (I hate it).

But I have a question:
Only one out of my five computers is updated to the new version (15.0.31)
All other four are still using the old one.
I even run an Update check manually and although they are showing 15.0.30 it says they are updated.
Do you have any idea why this happening?

Last edited:
Reactions: brambedkar59

MWTHelper

From Avira
Verified
Developer
Oct 27, 2016
The new GUI is more beautiful but probably makes the AV more slower. They should have fixed their antivirus protection first, added a BB, ditched Avira Connect bloatware, then fix the GUI; but that's one more way to define ""priorities"".
How long is the delay after clicking onto the Avira Connect icon till the content is loaded?
The protection of Avira Antivirus is provided by a combination of artificial intelligence and cloud technologies. Behaviour Blocking is one of the methods and we are further improving our protection against Ransomware.

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
How long is the delay after clicking onto the Avira Connect icon till the content is loaded?
The protection of Avira Antivirus is provided by a combination of artificial intelligence and cloud technologies. Behaviour Blocking is one of the methods and we are further improving our protection against Ransomware.

Thank you for replying. As I mentioned, I would like to see Avira improving its dynamic detection but, anyway, this is up for debate. What I don't agree with is this Avira Connect thing. Totally unnecessary bloat, in my opinion.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Thank you for replying. As I mentioned, I would like to see Avira improving its dynamic detection but, anyway, this is up for debate. What I don't agree with is this Avira Connect thing. Totally unnecessary bloat, in my opinion.

avira the "new avast" aka avg :LOL:

Reactions: Yoda and insanity
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.