Avira Antivirus for Windows New User Interface

Discussion in 'Avira' started by Mops21, Aug 10, 2017.

?

Do you like the new Avira UI 2018?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2017.
  1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. rockstarrocks

rockstarrocks Level 14

Apr 16, 2017
    Civil Engineer
    Delhi>India>Asia>Earth>S.S.>Milky way>Our Universe
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    At last they are changing the UI. Definitely looks much better than the old one.
    Btw what are those 7 modules? one being cloud, can't be web scanner as it's already there in the front, are they actually adding BB to the product?

Sunshine-boy, SHvFl, kev216 and 3 others like this.
  2. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Level 8

Jan 17, 2014
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Didn't say they had to. Just if they want to "keep up with the times" perse, atleast in security land. They really need to offer a "Fully-functional" free offering.

That's actually the main reason why I didn't buy a pro license to avira back in 2011-2012 because they didn't offer much to use in the way of free and competitors (like avast) did.

And before you say it. I've never liked free trials. I hate that feeling that "times running out"

rockstarrocks likes this.
  3. Fritz

Fritz Level 11

Sep 28, 2015
    Germany
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Love it. At least your computer will look pretty while all the documents are encrypted in the background. :D

4. RoboMan

RoboMan Level 17
    Content Creator

Jun 24, 2016
    USA
    Windows 10
    ESET
    I love the new GUI (finally!). I highly dislike the huge advertisement on the bottom of it to install Avira on your phone. Looking like Avast...

bribon77, SHvFl, ispx and 3 others like this.
  5. iAwake

iAwake Level 1

Aug 4, 2017
    Palestine
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    The old GUI is much better. I don't like the new one.
    Avira and Avast, they are taking the same path: Bloatware, ads! No words are enough to describe how much I hate Avira connect!!!

darko999 and kev216 like this.
  6. iAwake

iAwake Level 1

Aug 4, 2017
    Palestine
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    I heard about Mcafee using part of Avira's technologies or sth like that. I will try to find a link and post it here.
    Maybe Mcafee helped, in return, Avira developers develop a new GUI which is very similar to Mcafee one lol.

7. Windows Defender Shill

Apr 28, 2017
    Alabama
    Windows 10
    Webroot
    It would be more impressive, but It's pretty obvious the only reason they updated was to insert ads for their paid product.

If they offered a reasonable price on their paid product this would not bother me.

rockstarrocks and iAwake like this.
  8. iAwake

iAwake Level 1

Aug 4, 2017
    Palestine
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Avira Antivirus Pro is for 24$ 1 year/3Pcs I don't know if I can post the link here.

9. Yoda

Yoda Level 3

Jul 26, 2017
    Greece
    Windows 7
    Avira
    I don't like the new interface.
    Why they can't just keep things simple??.

10. Syafiq

Syafiq Level 7

May 8, 2017
    Student
    Indonesia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Hmm... I don't know, but I hope one of those 7 modules will be HIPS/BB:D

11. Yoda

Yoda Level 3

Jul 26, 2017
    Greece
    Windows 7
    Avira
    Good point...
    (So far, together with Avira antivirus I am using Comodo firewall with HIPS enabled)

12. Nheo_Linkin

Nheo_Linkin Level 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Vietnam
    Windows 10
    Isolation
    so there is nothing change to the big-ass launcher, isn't it? I'd still prefer the minimalized one on the past.

Yoda likes this.
  13. legendcampos

legendcampos Level 5

Aug 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Windows 10
    Avast
    #33 legendcampos, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    At last... haha

In time, I'm using the Avira Browser Safety, I find it very good and now it is with Phishing/PUP protection, excellent add-on for those who use WD + VoodooShield

14. ispx

ispx Level 13

Jun 21, 2017
    not reachable
    i use trend micro & trend micro has no ' free offering ', barring some free tools trend micro gives nothing for free & i really like that.

i would feel betrayed by trend micro if they had ' a "Fully-functional" free offering ' for the free loaders, while i am paying them 50 bucks.

i ask myself, why on earth should some one else get for free, what i am paying for? OR why on earth should i pay for, what is free for others?

as a paid customer am totally against the idea of an AV vendor having both, free & paid versions of the same product.

frogboy likes this.
  15. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Level 8

Jan 17, 2014
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Have fun being "against it". Quite a few companies have fully functioning free offering or atleast close to it. Including Kaspersky now:D

How selfish is that?

16. ispx

ispx Level 13

Jun 21, 2017
    not reachable
    you just re-affirmed my point & also contradicted your own wisdom : " fully functioning " " atleast close to it "

FREE never was & never will be FULL unless there is a catch known as data mining which probably never crossed your mind.

as for kaspersky they needed some guinea pigs for R&D, thousands of freeloaders are way better than a few hundred beta tasters.

seriously? i pay for the product i use. it is my money funding the company. i bear the cost of the parasites a.k.a. freeloaders & i am selfish?

17. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Level 8

Jan 17, 2014
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Has crossed my mind and it doesn't bother me. You use the net, Your info is out there.
    Kind of like all the older people who complain about all the credit card breaches ect.
    If you use a card your data can be stolen. easy fix? use cash.

Still a free product. As in users aren't physically paying a dime. Kinda makes you mad. Bee in your bonnet maybe?

And if a product has a free offering and you choose to pay for it over using the free version and still take that stance of "I'm paying, why shouldn't they?"
    then yeah that is selfish.

I could of course go on and on and on. I've pretty much got you pegged.

18. ispx

ispx Level 13

Jun 21, 2017
    not reachable
    i guess you are still writing letters & using postal stamps.

naaah, a bee is a hard working insect that fends for itself. i would say more like a tapeworm, it is a parasite, look it up.

pegged, not in the least. please do go on, i love pearls of wisdom especially when they are coming from those surviving on food stamps.

19. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Level 8

Jan 17, 2014
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Teeeelllll ya what. I'm just gonna leave the conversation at that. You got some self-righteous, holier than thou beliefs there
    which is how I got you pegged. Pretty easy to tell what kind of person you are.
    Thank the make believe deity that those ideals are slowly dying out.

Peace

20. ispx

ispx Level 13

Jun 21, 2017
    not reachable
    fine with me.

i sure do.

honest to god, NO, not in the least.

the kind that does not live off Other People's Money unlike you who probably believes ' am not paying taxes : that means i am smart '

peace.