Status
Not open for further replies.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
At last they are changing the UI. Definitely looks much better than the old one.
Btw what are those 7 modules? one being cloud, can't be web scanner as it's already there in the front, are they actually adding BB to the product?

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
why shouldn't they? avira is a profit-making organization not the red cross.

Didn't say they had to. Just if they want to "keep up with the times" perse, atleast in security land. They really need to offer a "Fully-functional" free offering.

That's actually the main reason why I didn't buy a pro license to avira back in 2011-2012 because they didn't offer much to use in the way of free and competitors (like avast) did.

And before you say it. I've never liked free trials. I hate that feeling that "times running out"

Reactions: brambedkar59

iAwake

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2017
The old GUI is much better. I don't like the new one.
Avira and Avast, they are taking the same path: Bloatware, ads! No words are enough to describe how much I hate Avira connect!!!

Reactions: darko999 and kev216

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
It would be more impressive, but It's pretty obvious the only reason they updated was to insert ads for their paid product.

If they offered a reasonable price on their paid product this would not bother me.

iAwake

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2017
It would be more impressive, but It's pretty obvious the only reason they updated was to insert ads for their paid product.

If they offered a reasonable price on their paid product this would not bother me.

Avira Antivirus Pro is for 24$ 1 year/3Pcs I don't know if I can post the link here.

Yoda

Level 3
Verified
Jul 26, 2017
I don't like the new interface.
Why they can't just keep things simple??.

Nheo_Linkin

Level 1
Verified
Feb 19, 2017
so there is nothing change to the big-ass launcher, isn't it? I'd still prefer the minimalized one on the past.

Reactions: Yoda

legendcampos

Level 6
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
At last... haha

In time, I'm using the Avira Browser Safety, I find it very good and now it is with Phishing/PUP protection, excellent add-on for those who use WD + VoodooShield

Last edited:
Reactions: brambedkar59

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
Just if they want to "keep up with the times" perse, atleast in security land. They really need to offer a "Fully-functional" free offering.

i use trend micro & trend micro has no ' free offering ', barring some free tools trend micro gives nothing for free & i really like that.

i would feel betrayed by trend micro if they had ' a "Fully-functional" free offering ' for the free loaders, while i am paying them 50 bucks.

i ask myself, why on earth should some one else get for free, what i am paying for? OR why on earth should i pay for, what is free for others?

as a paid customer am totally against the idea of an AV vendor having both, free & paid versions of the same product.

Reactions: frogboy

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
as a paid customer am totally against the idea of an AV vendor having both, free & paid versions of the same product.

Have fun being "against it". Quite a few companies have fully functioning free offering or atleast close to it. Including Kaspersky now:D

i would feel betrayed by trend micro if they had ' a "Fully-functional" free offering ' for the free loaders, while i am paying them 50 bucks.

i ask myself, why on earth should some one else get for free, what i am paying for? OR why on earth should i pay for, what is free for others?

How selfish is that?

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
Have fun being "against it". Quite a few companies have fully functioning free offering or atleast close to it. Including Kaspersky now

you just re-affirmed my point & also contradicted your own wisdom : " fully functioning " " atleast close to it "

FREE never was & never will be FULL unless there is a catch known as data mining which probably never crossed your mind.

as for kaspersky they needed some guinea pigs for R&D, thousands of freeloaders are way better than a few hundred beta tasters.

How selfish is that?

seriously? i pay for the product i use. it is my money funding the company. i bear the cost of the parasites a.k.a. freeloaders & i am selfish?

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
REE never was & never will be FULL unless there is a catch known as data mining which probably never crossed your mind

Has crossed my mind and it doesn't bother me. You use the net, Your info is out there.
Kind of like all the older people who complain about all the credit card breaches ect.
If you use a card your data can be stolen. easy fix? use cash.

as for kaspersky they needed some guinea pigs for R&D, thousands of freeloaders are way better than a few hundred beta tasters.

Still a free product. As in users aren't physically paying a dime. Kinda makes you mad. Bee in your bonnet maybe?

seriously? i pay for the product i use. it is my money funding the company. i bear the cost of the parasites a.k.a. freeloaders & i am selfish?

And if a product has a free offering and you choose to pay for it over using the free version and still take that stance of "I'm paying, why shouldn't they?"
then yeah that is selfish.

I could of course go on and on and on. I've pretty much got you pegged.

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
easy fix? use cash.

i guess you are still writing letters & using postal stamps.

Bee in your bonnet maybe?

naaah, a bee is a hard working insect that fends for itself. i would say more like a tapeworm, it is a parasite, look it up.

I could of course go on and on and on. I've pretty much got you pegged.

pegged, not in the least. please do go on, i love pearls of wisdom especially when they are coming from those surviving on food stamps.

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
i guess you are still writing letters & using postal stamps.
naaah, a bee is a hard working insect that fends for itself. i would say more like a tapeworm, it is a parasite, look it up.
pegged, not in the least. please do go on, i love pearls of wisdom especially when they are coming from those surviving on food stamps.

Teeeelllll ya what. I'm just gonna leave the conversation at that. You got some self-righteous, holier than thou beliefs there
which is how I got you pegged. Pretty easy to tell what kind of person you are.
Thank the make believe deity that those ideals are slowly dying out.

Peace

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
I'm just gonna leave the conversation at that.

fine with me.

You got some self-righteous, holier than thou beliefs there

i sure do.

which is how I got you pegged.

honest to god, NO, not in the least.

Pretty easy to tell what kind of person you are.

the kind that does not live off Other People's Money unlike you who probably believes ' am not paying taxes : that means i am smart '

peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.