Atlas147

Level 30
Content Creator
Verified
I think the detections are really decent but one thing that made me change from Avira and they still haven't changed it yet is the fact that it would always perform a quick scan every time there is a detection. This really slows down the system and there is no way to change the settings for it in the free version.

Thirio

Level 3
Avira has a really great detection rate, although whenever I used it i felt that the real-time detection kicked in too late. I think it needs an improved behavior blocker to become effective for real-time protection. But as a scanner I think it is excellent. I cleaned up many systems with Avira and whenever I used it first it did most of the heavy lifting, a few leftovers were picked up by Kaspersky, Avast, etc.

JM Safe

From Zemana
Verified
I think the detections are really decent but one thing that made me change from Avira and they still haven't changed it yet is the fact that it would always perform a quick scan every time there is a detection. This really slows down the system and there is no way to change the settings for it in the free version.
It slows down a bit yes, but, on the other hand, it is more secure in my opinion.

Brie

Level 7
one thing that made me change from Avira and they still haven't changed it yet is the fact that it would always perform a quick scan every time there is a detection. This really slows down the system and there is no way to change the settings for it in the free version.
can't you turn off the scan?

Reactions: BryanB