M

MalwareBlockerYT

Wowhoaaaa! THX!

One thing to Why didnt any alert for Cloud protection?
Normally if i test Everything gets like blocked by cloud...
Strange...

Also normally you can click Remove then it gets done Munch faster ;)
No problem, thanks for watching :D Also I'm not sure - were you testing Avira Free or Pro? I was using default settings like I said.

Very good review as usual @MalwareBlockerYT (I wish more reviewers would/could add a commentary instead of music). Any chance of testing the latest version of Panda free?
Thank you ;) Panda Free is on my list & should be coming soon since it's been highly requested!

Thanks for the review! :D I wonder if Pro version would have made any different result.
No problem, thanks for watching! Avira Pro has a few extra features, but will use the same signatures so it shouldn't perform much better in terms of detection/prevention.

A good results in terms of signatures but they clearly need to work on their behavioural blocking and anti-ransomware module.
Indeed & I completely agree - they actually had extremely good signatures considering how new the samples I used were.

Nice review @MalwareBlockerYT
Nice results but it seems to me that Avira is not improving their product as much as other security brands (Kas, BD, Sym..), anyway it's a nice option.
Thanks & I would agree - although at least they fixed up their awful installer which forced you to download their utilities.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

You shouldn't judge an antivirus usage of ram on an infected pc it is misleading, ram usage should be judge on a clean pc which will give a more stable result.

Avira free an avira pro are different and will give different results they are not like avast free an avast pro.
True, but not by much & I normally try to look at the RAM before the PC is infected.

Also I'm pretty sure they use the same signatures just one has a cloud lookup & more features/components?

I am thinking the same thing.
I would like to see a test of the Pro version since as @Xsjx has mentioned that Avira has now some new prevention technology like BB.
@MalwareBlockerYT thanks for the review
A test of the Pro version will be uploaded eventually, but I have to keep repeating the same thing: 18 hours of revision a week, daily coursework, daily school work, other activities & still people expect me to release the videos.

Xsjx

Level 13
True, but not by much & I normally try to look at the RAM before the PC is infected.

Also I'm pretty sure they use the same signatures just one has a cloud lookup & more features/components?

A test of the Pro version will be uploaded eventually, but I have to keep repeating the same thing: 18 hours of revision a week, daily coursework, daily school work, other activities & still people expect me to release the videos.
The cloud is the strongest component in Avira ;)

But i know it hard :)
Hopefully u get one time more time to make vids :)

Xsjx

Level 13
bad result in my opinion...other free av's have more protection layers or components.

i see avira free like windows defender...basic protection and not anymore
Actually No Amico it scores in many test munch better than Emsisoft ;)
But i shouldnt say anything about ~Avira has won product of the year` so i dont gonna talk about it ;)

But the best part is it has 11 Engines in the cloud ;)
And it has The best heuristics
I cant say anything about the bb blocker :p ( Beta for pro version )