Battle Avira Internet Security OR G-DATA Internet Security 2018?

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
G Data, without a doubt. One of the best BB in the market, dual engine (bitdefender and own) and the new version has excellent performance, Avira is very full of errors, mainly in its interface, I tried to test it days ago to publish in MH, but it is almost impossible , you click on settings in the new interface and open the old :unsure:in addition to all this confusion, you still have to put up with the Avira Launcher, it even has a good virus signature, but comparing with G Data in proteção, interface and Performance, neither comes close , in my opinion.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
my laptop has 8 Gb of Ram - core i7
i saw some reviews about kaspersky and iam impresssed with the results
will kaspersky be the best choice??
iam sorry for my english
Both G Data and Kaspersky will give you excellent protection, in case of doubt between the two, download the trial versions and take a test and see which one suits your machine better (y)

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
All the way to g data..avira is full of errors..once offline..easily penetratable to zero day malware...
but signature dinosarous...still
u can have faith in Luke file Walker.:D:ROFLMAO:.if u pair with a zero day exe like os armour and appguard

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Either Avira or GData products are top class, that is true. They're both market leaders and offer solid protection. On my personal choice, my vote would go to GData for its great Behaviour Blocker and dual engine. Still it's true it's not the best resource-friendly software. This can be solved if you have decent hardware specifications. Else, Avira is also a good choice, but I personally wouldn't ever pay for Avira's paid product, since I do not find it that "amusing" among antivirus.

Wether you choose one or the other, I would strictly recommend pairing it up with VoodooShield to cover all your weak points on your system. :)

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
some user have more issues with combos...i would say that voodooshield or other second protection layers are just for the advanced user.
His choice with Gdata is very good.

Reactions: Islam Gamal

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.