New Update Avira Prime - All-in-One Premium Service (Subscription-based)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Introducing Avira Prime
Avira Prime gives you convenient access to all our premium services (protection, privacy & performance). It offers cross-platform solutions for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS, with the automatic inclusion of all-new premium services.

Visit Avira Prime, all-in-one access to our premium services
Windows
  • Avira Antivirus Pro
  • Avira Phantom VPN Pro
  • Avira System Speedup Pro
  • Avira Software Updater Pro
Mac
  • Avira Antivirus Pro
  • Avira Phantom VPN Pro
Android
  • Avira Antivirus Security
  • Avira Phantom VPN Pro
  • Avira Optimizer Pro
  • Avira AppLock+ Pro
iOS
  • Avira Vault
  • Avira Phantom VPN Pro
The following free services are also available and integrate fully with your Avira Prime service:
  • Avira Scout browser
  • Avira Password Manager
  • Avira Browser Safety
  • Avira SafeSearch Plus
  • Avira Mobile Security for iOS

I was not able to find anything further about this Avira services, but it appears in Avira Store - could be legit.
upload_2017-4-2_18-25-12.png

Image: Avira Prime Unlimited Plan for 1 year.

And no, I didn't buy it.

Last edited:

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Hmm, could be usefull for some volks. :) But its not for me. I like individual programs from many vendors so that is a no go. But well, the idea is quit nice. Avira in the past year/years got some good new ideas and things released.

Reactions: SHvFl

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I can't see anyone signing up for this. It's expensive and most of the stuff included is inferior to other products in their catergory. I don't know who would want to pay an annual subscription for some of this stuff. I mean, Avira Software Updater? Avira Optimizer? Avira Applock? Avira Vault? Eugh. No thank you.

Reactions: Ana_Filiz and SHvFl

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Thanks but it is way too expensive and in my opinion it doesnt`t worth it even at 50% off. o_O
Normally you pay that price for a good vpn alone.. Prob more
(25 devices)

And Thankfully they listened to me ;) to bring multi device.

Reactions: SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Normally you pay that price for a good vpn alone.. Prob more
(25 devices)

And Thankfully they listened to me ;) to bring multi device.
Sadly it's not a good vpn though so you can't compare. But you are right assuming unlimited is unlimited which i doubt then it will have value to a small number of people buying for the whole family computers. Have a feeling there is a catch though because how would they know if i am reselling the license or not.

EDIT: It's 25 devices but i am sure there are more catch in the offer. Not going to bother to research more. Avira is one of the dinosaurs of AV and has no use for me.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Those who are looking for multi-device protection, it's not bad, but you can make your own decision if you would benefit the costs vs range of available products.

For a little more than Netflix Premium, you get access to Avira's complete portfolio of home products for up to 25 devices*, per household for all your Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices.

Avira Prime for a household of 4 people [2 laptops, 1 desktop, 4 phones, 2 tablets], it is better value than paying for Avira Total Security Suite at a RRP of £72 for 1 device / 1 year plus all other separate services.

*Unlimited Plan is limited to 25 devices, as per fair usage policy.

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
AVs can't keep up anyway with today's threats. I think this is another marketing strategy to sell their products and services at a "discounted" price, but also centralising all their products so they can "suggest" other of their products/services if you don't buy the whole package. Not saying it's a bad thing, just that you need to think if this is really what you need.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Same scheme like other counterpart of security products.

Remember that prices for combined featured products will never become cheap, considering the fact of numerous programs integrate + additional advertising style.

So no surprise at all, the battle begins and ends through the strategy of advertising.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.