App Review Avira Pro 2017 - Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Downloading isnt à problem. Its à bit heavy when found à malicious file.

Check AntiVir WebGuard WFP service process when you are downloading something. You can see how much spike you get in CPU (30-70%) when using my full bandwidth.

Reactions: ZeroDay

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Check AntiVir WebGuard WFP service process when you are downloading something. You can see how much spike you get in CPU (30-70%) when using my full bandwidth.
Wich browser are u using?

With me vivaldi And Opera And Avira scout it does not slow down..

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Wich browser are u using?

With me vivaldi And Opera And Avira scout it does not slow down..

Google Chrome and using an external download manager EagleGet. Am not talking about slow-downs, my system has enough RAM, check the processor usage of AntiVir WebGuard WFP service when you are downloading.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Google Chrome and using an external download manager EagleGet. Am not talking about slow-downs, my system has enough RAM, check the processor usage of AntiVir WebGuard WFP service when you are downloading.
Not more than normal..

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Not more than normal..
I know you love avira but according to what I tested, Avira web guard used a significant amount of resource (up to 25% of CPU) during the test especially when I executed javascript files and they downloaded they payloads. It's not light unfortunately

otherwise, it seems OK. Web guard is the problem

it also froze the system during updates and system scan right after blocking 1 item
It's not the lightest AV I have ever tested

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.