Battle Avira vs Kaspersky vs Trend Micro - Which QR code reader app?

Compare list
Avira QR reader
Kaspersky QR scanner
Trend Micro QR scanner
In-depth Comparison

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The default camera app on my Android 10 device doesn't support QR codes, and have to use a third-party app. I have so far narrowed it down to 3 choices.
  1. Avira - Avira QR Scanner | Secure & Finds Deals
  2. Kaspersky - https://www.kaspersky.com/qr-scanner
  3. Trend Micro - Scan QR Codes Safely with the Trend Micro QR Scanner -
I want to compare their;
  • ease of use
  • internet protection against rogue QR code links
  • privacy policies when you use the QR app

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Great topic @Spawn . I did a small test myself 2019, even with Aviras and Trendmicros QR scanner, but never posted any notes on them as I didn't feel at the time they was good enough. Maybe or hopefully they improved by now.

Bonorex

Level 1
Jun 12, 2020
I voted for Kaspersky since I have been using their QR code reader on my Samsung S8 for 2 years and it has always worked flawlessly. As far as I know, Kaspersky checks the QR link before loading the web page. I never considered installing any other QR code reader, because Kaspersky products always get top marks in malware detection and this aspect makes me feel safe when reading a QR code.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.