Avoiding America Based Anti-virus Software

RodM1956

Level 4
Verified
Feb 1, 2019
I recommend you go with Thor Premium for 20.00 with the discount code, and it is based, I think in Denmark.

I am running it alongside Webroot SecureAnywhere...VERY FAST on my PC.

sg09

Level 2
Verified
Apr 3, 2019
Let's add more:

25. AhnLab - South Korea
26. Huorong - China
27. Nano - Russia
28. Heimdal - Denmark and Romania

Please contribute to this list if you know any other antivirus companies.
29. Zemana - Bosnia & Herzegovina
30. xvirus - Portugal
31. Thehacker - Peru
32. Tachyon / nProtect - South Korea
33. defenx - Switzerland
34. Antiy - China
35. TrustPort - Czech Republic

Virus Blokada - Russia
Not Russia, VBA is from Belarus!
Virus Blokada's last update was in 2012, according to their website.
Their Global webpage isn't webdated. Visit the Belarusian page.
Антивирус ВирусБлокАда
Just updated Vba32 Check . Last definition is created on 26.04.2019 (08:45:43).

Update: Another update within an hour: Date=26.04.2019 (09:36:59).

Last edited:

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I mainly use Linux distros and MacOS, but, for Windows I'd go with Kaspersky or Emsisoft. Although I do think that by using Windows 10 which, obviously is made by an american based company will totally negate any protection you use from a non-US based company. I'm not saying Windows 10 is bad I just think that wanting to avoid American based security software whilst using Microsoft Windows kinda defeats the point.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I mainly use Linux distros and MacOS, but, for Windows I'd go with Kaspersky or Emsisoft. Although I do think that by using Windows 10 which, obviously is made by an american based company will totally negate any protection you use from a non-US based company. I'm not saying Windows 10 is bad I just think that wanting to avoid American based security software whilst using Microsoft Windows kinda defeats the point.
Exactly what I think. It is a contradiction.
And it's not just M $ .. If not it's facebook, twitter and the Internet itself is an American invention. and Defragmenter optimizers etc.:giggle:

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Exactly what I think. It is a contradiction.
And it's not just M $ .. If not it's facebook, twitter and the Internet itself is an American invention. and Defragmenter optimizers etc.:giggle:
Spot on. I haven't got a Facebook account anymore I got rid of it last year but I do use Twitter. Even when I'm running a locked down Linux distro I still use twitter and YouTube etc. We can be private and secure, but as you correctly pointed out where does it stop, only sticking to 2 or 3 websites, encrypting everything and basically spending more time trying not to be spied on than actually enjoying the World Wide Web.

Lets say we install non-US security software and really go to town locking our systems down it's still Windows which still has doors that any 3 letter agency could open and walk right past all of our security.

mediator_ram

Level 1
Verified
May 2, 2019
Most of the companies especially software companies are interested in doing their business in the USA so you do find their branch office in the USA. So its best to stick with your requirement of eliminating en-ess-aye malware and finding the antivirus packs that do it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.